Canada Serbia - streaming | The Boneyard

Canada Serbia - streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yikes - Canada down 15 in the middle of the 3rd. Low-scoring game 47-32.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nurse with 17 points so far and 2 assists, but Canada is in trouble - down 11 with about 3 min left in the 3rd...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Serbia is pretty good. I'm pretty sure they are ranked higher than the Maple Leafs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia now has 23. She's forcing the action as Canada tries to mount a comeback.

Shades of the PanAm games. Nurse to the basket, then to the foul line. She now has 25.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Huge comeback by Canada - they outscored Serbia 14-2 so far in the 4th quarter. Heck of a game by Nurse.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice baseline drive by Kia and pass to the corner for a three.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bad officiating here too. Plouffe made a clean block and got called for the foul.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Whoever loses this game will be devastated. Canada up 1 68-67 with 30 seconds left...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
71-67, Canada wins.

Kia had a nice dribble penetration then a kick out for a three to put the Canadians up 4.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Canada wins 71-67! What a comeback for them and a great great win for Team Canada!

Ken (Milford) made a bold prediction - Kia Nurse will be the leading scorer from UCONN in the Olympics. Could be very true - she had 25 points today. Forced a lot, but it seems her team needed her to do that...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Over. 71-67 Canada! Kia with 25.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Crazy... thanks for putting up the link UcMiami. Happy for Kia... that one went down to the wire.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dabovic and Petrovic, among others, can play. Serbia is pretty good. We see them on Wednesday,

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada next plays Senegal on Wednesday, so they should be undefeated when they play Team USA on Friday. Have to think Stewie will tell her teammates shut down Kia and don't let her go off like she did in the Pan Am Games. Canada plays Spain on the 14th and that will be a huge game as most likely both teams will have one loss. I like Spain in that match up as I think they have the better and more experienced guards.

Good win by Canada over a gutsy Serbia team.

Reaction Score
Canada wins 71-67! What a comeback for them and a great great win for Team Canada!

Ken (Milford) made a bold prediction - Kia Nurse will be the leading scorer from UCONN in the Olympics. Could be very true - she had 25 points today. Forced a lot, but it seems her team needed her to do that...

I don't think that's a bold prediction. I mean, she's Canada's best scorer.

Reaction Score
Canada next plays Senegal on Wednesday, so they should be undefeated when they play Team USA on Friday. Have to think Stewie will tell her teammates shut down Kia and don't let her go off like she did in the Pan Am Games. Canada plays Spain on the 14th and that will be a huge game as most likely both teams will have one loss. I like Spain in that match up as I think they have the better and more experienced guards.

Good win by Canada over a gutsy Serbia team.

I would think GENO would tell them that.

Reaction Score
I thought the fact that she didn't score in the previous game and came back to have a monster game today shows a great amount of character. We've seen that from her in UConn, too, although one time there were tears followed by a calling-out from Geno. That she can bounce back now shows that she got the message and bodes so well for her final two years at UConn. Definitely one of everyone's favorites.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought the fact that she didn't score in the previous game and came back to have a monster game today shows a great amount of character. We've seen that from her in UConn, too, although one time there were tears followed by a calling-out from Geno. That she can bounce back now shows that she got the message and bodes so well for her final two years at UConn. Definitely one of everyone's favorites.
Agreed. My one and only "complaint" (such a strong word but I don't mean it as such) is that it seems during her 1st 2 years at UCONN that when she drives to the basket, she puts her head down and has already decided that's what she's going to do regardless of whether there's a defender in her way or not.

Often, it seems to my untrained eye, that she has been called for a charge. I've noticed her drive and then kick playing for team Canada - in fact, the 3 that iced the game with under 30 seconds left was Kia driving to the basket, but then kicking the ball out to a wide open teammate who drained the 3. She's a tenacious defender, but isn't as quick as Moriah so IMHO she needs to play slightly smarter. Again it's such a minor thing and something I noticed so I don't want it to seem like I'm criticizing her, but sometimes she does feel like the proverbial bull in the china shop... Hockey background I guess LOL

Reaction Score
Kia plays somewhat like Lindsay Whalen. They both use their physical strength as an asset against their defender. Imo, Kia started to get away from offensive foul risk by the second half of last season. She seemed to learn to take what her defender gave her. While she won't average 20 at UCONN, if Geno wanted her to, she would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom