Can you Imagine....if you were a could've been | The Boneyard

Can you Imagine....if you were a could've been

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Here you are the coach of the greatest team in WCBB. You have a roster with the number 1 HS player in America (CW) the number 5 recruit in America (ONO) and then you get the number 2 HS player in America (EW) and you have a complete ball player in Anna coming from Poland and a high jumper who is very athletic in Griff then you get 5 recruits Paige number 1 in America, Edwards top player in Canada, Mir top 25 in America, Piath 6'5 in America and Nika the top point guard in Europe and just when you think your getting better you get commits for the following season from Azzi number 1 recruit in America, Saylor top 10 recruit in America, Caroline top 10 recruit in America and Amari top post player in American and it gets better the following season you already have a top 5 recruit in ICE and you know what your fans are expecting more?????? LOL

Hey guys its not hard to figure it out. When you've got kids that want to pay the price for success its easy. Geno has never changed is philosophy. He has standards that each and every recruit must have to play at UConn. He maintains his principals and his discipline and most importantly his ethics. UConn is the Disneyland of WCBB. Its where are your dreams can come true. The difference at UConn is your going to....Pay a huge price....in advanace....and there are no guarantees. Your going to practice the Fundementals until you love practicing the Fundementals and you understand how important the fundementals are to your success. You going to work harder then ever before and understand what it takes to be a winner, so that when you are having an off day you understand what it takes to get back on track...and when you get on the court everybody is going to say....gee they make it look so easy. They will never understand the price you paid.

So for all those kids who choose to go elsewhere for what ever reason, and I dont care what the reason is...if you become average and ordinary or a big fish in a small pond thats ok but you'll always wonder what coul've been. Ive heard grown ups say I couldve been this and I couldve been that IF I only I did this????? Im sure youve all heard it. Dont be a Could've Been. Be somebodys Hero. Be the best your can be no matter what you do in life.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My hypothetical thought experiment is to think what kind of coaching Paige would get somewhere else. Answer. Not much The coaches would be too busy kissing her and doing a jig on the sidelines. Is their any other coach as invested in finding the limits of a player no matter how good they already are and pushing them to new levels.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say this. Some top recruits tell their coaches how to run the team and what they want and coachs try to keep them happy so they dont loose them. You see teams with problems. IMO thats because there is no discipline. If you good you dont have to tell people your good they will tell you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom