OT: - Can we talk lawn mowers? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Can we talk lawn mowers?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Had I seen this earlier and was quicker to the punch I would have said, "no. we can't talk lawnmowers."

But I'm just one dude.

Reaction Score
I have an 80 volt Kobalt push mower. No bells or whistles, but it's powerful, quiet, and extremely easy to operate and maintain. I only use about half a charge to mow my whole (small) yard. The battery is removable and can be used in a variety of other tools.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have a 2 yo Honda that is the $800 model where it has blade stop - the damn thing has plastic wheels that go bald every year
Had a Toro that had the same blade stop option that cost about $350 and had rubber wheels and was a work horse. Its 12 years old and my son in law still uses and starts on first pull
Buying me another Toro

Reaction Score
I'm regrowing grass in my backyard, but I got tired of the early spring weeds in the nicer part of our lawn on the south facing side so I spent the morning doing the yearly maintenance (air filter, oil change, sparkplug) and then mowed the south side for the first time.

Trying to not touch the new grass for at least another two weeks, but we'll see how it grows. I have a 1/4 acre and use a smaller Briggs & Stratton push mower and has worked fine for years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Try a quality battery operated mover. I own several 40W Greenworks products like chainsaw, pole saw, drill etc., all are very good and require almost no effort. I presume the mowers are good too. I'd probably go a little higher end on a mower for durability.

Battery tools are really trending. There are country boys all over Youtube trading out their gas chainsaws for battery operated ones. You'll be shocked by the power, lack of effort and relative quiet of them. The best thing is they work perfectly after months of non-use. I have a chainsaw and a weed whacker in Vermont that I only use a little bit in Summer and Fall when on vacation there. Both are worry free, just charge the batteries and go. They are the future.

I bought a battery weed whacker and leaf blower combo for Vermont. Love it. Couldn’t use that in a mower (too much grass) but it’s better than gas or corded for those smaller tools.

Reaction Score
I too have the John Deere riding mower. I can get things done rather quickly and have more time to golf and kids. Planning to hand it down to my son so he has something to do in the summers and make money while doing it.

Reaction Score
I bought a battery weed whacker and leaf blower combo for Vermont. Love it. Couldn’t use that in a mower (too much grass) but it’s better than gas or corded for those smaller tools.

We have a lawn service up there but every time we show up there is something my wife wants me weed whack or cut up with the chainsaw before our friends/family come visit. The lawn service gets really sloppy when we aren’t around. They are also expensive as hell. I’m hoping someday they have an electric riding mower with bigger batteries. We have about 3 acres of grass area up there.

In Florida we only have .40 acres, much more suited to electric.

Reaction Score
I picked the Honda over the Toro. The double blade, power push and their new model engine sold me. Spent a lot of money, but I'm happy so far or more accurately no buyer's remorse.

Its only the first week though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I picked the Honda over the Toro. The double blade, power push and their new model engine sold me. Spent a lot of money, but I'm happy so far or more accurately no buyer's remorse.

Its only the first week though.

Smart move. Worth it for the engine alone. Nothing can touch Honda for small engine quality. And that deck is indestructible and can’t rust.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Just got a 30" Toro self propelled with Briggs and Stratton to replace my Toro 22" that is probably 20 years old and ran up until the last mow last season.

Reaction Score
Honda anything. We have a Honda Inverter and a Honda snow thrower. Both reliable and start like buttah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom