Can we talk about Big East Conference ballin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we talk about Big East Conference ballin

Reaction Score
The calls were atrocious, but that team last year needed to go through that stretch to find TN. Things do not happen in a vacuum. It was after that stretch that TN became TN. We will lose some games in the BE, and that's ok. Those teams know us and they are more used to our offensive sets, our cuts, etc. I pray for health. We stay healthy, and nobody is beating us in March.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
-weekend road games. We’d be lucky to split these
—Friday 6:30 @ Butler
—Saturday 8:00 @ Nova
—Saturday 12:00 @ St Johns
—Saturday 12:00 @ Georgetown
—Saturday TBD @ PC (senior night)

If we are the national title contender we think we are.. there's no excuse for not at min going 3 and 2. Georgetown and St John's.. really?

Reaction Score
I think we split with Marquette and Creighton (they’ve simply owned us as when we go to their house who knows) but can’t really see a loss elsewhere. Nova is chippy but they are at a huge coaching deficit against us.

We’ve had a way tougher OOC this year and came out of it extremely strongly, especially given the early injuries and a Karaban mini slump

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm sure there will be at least one WTF game in BE play this season, I'm just not sure where it will be (or if it will even result in a loss).

I believe we will split with Marquette. I'm not sure we'll lose to Creighton as the advantages they've had in the past (higher BB IQ, length at center for most of the game) are gone. I don't see us losing to PC this year (I'll lable this the revenge of Andrea Hurley) and I we were going to lose at Nova it would have been last season. I'm calling either 18-2 or 19-1 with a 50-50 shot at either.
Someone on Xavier going for 50 while giving our whole team the flu is 100% happening

Reaction Score
My Big East Concerns:
-getting every teams A+++ effort
-being every team’s $2 beer/blue out/white out/whatever game
-tough penetrating guards has been a weakness for our D and that’s what every team has
-other teams getting hot from 3
-weekend road games. We’d be lucky to split these
—Friday 6:30 @ Butler
—Saturday 8:00 @ Nova
—Saturday 12:00 @ St Johns
—Saturday 12:00 @ Georgetown
—Saturday TBD @ PC (senior night)
-Big East refs:
———rewarding “aggressive play” by smaller bigs against DC
———they hate Hurley
———playing into hostile crowds

All of this helps us come tournament time though. Will be battle tested for sure!!

Reaction Score
We are the best team in the conference, followed closely by Marquette. There's a drop off to Creighton and then a bigger drop to whoever is next, which is a cluster of schools that will be around .500 in conference.

I think what is missed about conference play is the impact of familiarity. These coaches know what every team in the league runs. They know how to attack the defense and how to create issues for the offense. We saw it last year, when league teams exploited Andre's lack of offense (allowing doubles on Sanogo in the post), our rim protection/rotations when hedging and other weaknesses. It allowed Dan to fix those issues and we were better for it. We got Sanogo the ball facing, cut Andre along the baseline and that broke the double teams.

Don't be surprised if there is some of the same this year. The difference is the league seems weaker, so I don't think we will lose as many games.
Well Marquette just lost to Providence but honestly I don't think it's a bad result for the conference. It would be nice if a couple of the pack teams including Providence and Butler can lock in the 4th and 5th tournament spot for the league and that appears to be a possibility.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well Marquette just lost to Providence but honestly I don't think it's a bad result for the conference. It would be nice if a couple of the pack teams including Providence and Butler can lock in the 4th and 5th tournament spot for the league and that appears to be a possibility.
As long as it’s not us helping the Hall tonight.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
As long as it’s not us helping the Hall tonight.
I said in another thread, there is enough talent on most BE teams to beat any other team on a given night. Have to be hitting on most cylinders pretty much all the time.

Reaction Score
I said in another thread, there is enough talent on most BE teams to beat any other team on a given night. Have to be hitting on most cylinders pretty much all the time.
...and our 2nd unit plays almost as hard as our first unit - we should wear down most teams and pull away for double digit wins by the buzzer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom