They live inside of my head
The fan police they come
To me in my bed
The fan police
They're coming to arrest me
The fan police (police, police)
The fan police (police, police)

Reaction Score
1. Yes, you're correct in saying the home crowd shouldn't make noise during free throws when the home team is shooting.

2. If Bouknight or anyone else is bricking free throws because of crowd noise at home that's bad news bears. Let him get ready for the crowd to try to rattle him in the tournament a few years from now.

Reaction Score
I know that players probably don't even notice it when they are on the line, but I swear that stupid chant yesterday affected Bouknight. He bricked that free throw worse than any miss he's had from the line all season. Opposing players definitely play to the crowd and time it so these morons are screaming while we're shooting free throws.

There, I said it.....
No way of knowing. But he looked extremely confident on each of his other foul shots, and on that one his body language was different and he wasn't even close. It looked like he was waiting for idiots to scream at the Shocker on the bench.

I'll make it easier for some of you. When you scream "sit down" when your own team is shooting a foul shot because the opponent is purposely not sitting down until you screaming at him may distract your shooter, you're letting yourself be manipulated by a 19 year old. That's not telling you not to have fun. Yell whatever you want that doesn't get you thrown out. That's just requesting that you not let your stupidity make it harder for the Huskies to win.

True story here. People can argue what they want, but the left right chanting with the "sit down" crescendo definitely appeared to affect Bouknight shooting that foul shot, and missing. What you do with this information is up to you, it's at least something to think about the next time this rolls around.

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone can stop college students from doing anything, even bad cheering. If so you could write a best seller.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No way of knowing. But he looked extremely confident on each of his other foul shots, and on that one his body language was different and he wasn't even close. It looked like he was waiting for idiots to scream at the Shocker on the bench.

I'll make it easier for some of you. When you scream "sit down" when your own team is shooting a foul shot because the opponent is purposely not sitting down until you screaming at him may distract your shooter, you're letting yourself be manipulated by a 19 year old. That's not telling you not to have fun. Yell whatever you want that doesn't get you thrown out. That's just requesting that you not let your stupidity make it harder for the Huskies to win.

We had 19 turnovers and went 29-42 from the free throw line. But yes, you’re right, one missed free throw made us lose the game.

Out of everything that happened in that game, you’re hung you on a chant that the 15 students that showed up said.

Reaction Score
what was that team that used to break out a whole theater production behind the opposing teams free throw basket? That was hilarious

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Not until the Dookies come up with a better one

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like it because the visiting players seem to hate it.

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone can stop college students from doing anything, even bad cheering. If so you could write a best seller.
Maybe they could be a little more creative

Reaction Score
I love it -I think it’s hilarious. Especially when the opposing player tries to delay sitting down thinking the crowd is going to forget and they still hit him with a “sit down”!!! Bouks gotta learn to overcome these things. Let the fans have their fun. One of the few times I laugh during a UConn game- not much to smile about nowadays. The other time is when I laugh at how awful Carltons hops are. Pleasantly surprised how good the crowd was Sunday as well. They really tried to get behind our huskies.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I love it -I think it’s hilarious. Especially when the opposing player tries to delay sitting down thinking the crowd is going to forget and they still hit him with a “sit down”!!! Bouks gotta learn to overcome these things. Let the fans have their fun. One of the few times I laugh during a UConn game- not much to smile about nowadays. The other time is when I laugh at how awful Carltons hops are. Pleasantly surprised how good the crowd was Sunday as well. They really tried to get behind our huskies.
Agree that he's got to learn to tune out the noise, but the kids don't think the crowd is going to forget. They sit when the player is shooting.

I don't have any problem with the chant. I just wish it would stop once the shooter is handed the ball.

Reaction Score
Agree that he's got to learn to tune out the noise, but the kids don't think the crowd is going to forget. They sit when the player is shooting.

I don't have any problem with the chant. I just wish it would stop once the shooter is handed the ball.
Fair enough. It’s better than sitting on our hands all game like a 90 yr old

Reaction Score
There was only 5 students there anyway.... chant wasnt that loud.

Uconn Student section is a mediocre at best. Not like it once was, very sad.
Were you there? Our group thought the student showing was amazingly good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom