Can we stop with Dan O, Corey, Lashlee or TJ Weist HC suggestions? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we stop with Dan O, Corey, Lashlee or TJ Weist HC suggestions?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm going to throw a name out here just before anyone else says it.

Would be interesting to get John Marinelli on the staff in some capacity. Maybe QB coach? He's coached D1 prospects. He's going into his third year of FBS experience and he's a modern offensive thinker.
Interesting thing about John, he just put himself in the the local “get to know your neighbor” profiler circulated down in Gwich and he made it clear that he and his wife and their young baby view themselves as a CT family regardless of John’s coaching career. Currently John is at Illinois as their senior analyst (so it’s non field position on the staff). I’d like to see John find his way back to CT football. Maybe he could even get in on this next UConn administration.

Reaction Score
As I said when I got serious, we need an UNSAFE hire. A P5 assistant coach, someone who is young, doesn't need a 'Coaching Football For Dummies' book, someone who isn't from the Northeast and someone who is offensive minded.

I mean if we lose 70 to 69 to Clemson, I'd be happier than losing 38-27 to Holy Cross. The next 2 years (2022-2023 seasons) will be hard for us, but if we got someone exciting, Rentschler might be filled again.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just tossing this name out. Read the whole bio. I know of this guy because my son went to Elon and when the team went from a 2-9 record to a #5 national rank and a spot in the the FCS playoffs, the players said it was because of the coach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just tossing this name out. Read the whole bio. I know of this guy because my son went to Elon and when the team went from a 2-9 record to a #5 national rank and a spot in the the FCS playoffs, the players said it was because of the coach.

Great bio…. But he is 60, so does he want to come to UConn before retiring? IDK- maybe he does.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Necessary evil. It's either a search firm or a state employee - pick 1.
Just send the contract and the funds to Yard, we seem to doing it just fine here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom