Can we sell out Missouri at the Rent Oct 28th? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we sell out Missouri at the Rent Oct 28th?

Reaction Score
That would seem to be our chance to make a statement.

Our chance to make a statement comes in week 2 vs USF. They will be ranked and have a legit Heisman candidate, plus it is a division game.

Reaction Score
I kind of feel like there is an energy around the program that will drive attendance a little further than one might think. Part of that energy is because of Randy and the other is because of Rhett. I think there will be a curiosity to see this new, more flexible, more humble, more offensive minded version of an Edsall football team. There is also the nostalgia factor, many people that went to games during better times may be drawn back because of RE.

The media, Jacobs and the local tv sports anchors in particular, could really do UConn a favor over the next few months by talking about it. The casual fans, those who are more "event" fans than football fans need to be educated on who Rhett Lashlee and the rest of the staff are and why they will be exciting to watch rebuild this program. Our DC, Crocker, is only coming from Villanova, but his success at winning games is huge. Casual fans won't know how good Villanova is in their division. We really need to make sure that people around the state know what an all star cast of coaches we've assembled.

The other factor is Arkeel Newsome. We have a great running back that should become a talking point ASAP. Arkeel is twice the player we've seen so far and there needs to be a buzz built around him as a point of intrigue. This team needs a star to bring people in the gate. Who better than a Connecticut kid in his senior year? I'd be working right now to make Arkeel Newsome a household name in CT. He should be everywhere talking to media, visiting elementary schools and so on. Build the brand, but people need someone to pull for and invest in, Arkeel is the perfect bait.
There's energy around HERE, that's for sure. I fear though that it probably doesn't carry much water with the casual fan. I'm excited, but I tend to think that the average fan is rather "meh" about the hire and pays little attention to the rest of the staff.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Gonna depend not only on record but weather as well. If we are a one loss or no loss team going into the game and we get one of those sunny, 70 something degree days in late October I give it a small shot f happening.

In all reality though, I see zero sellouts this year until this coaching staff shows it can really turn this around and the excitement we used to have returns.

Reaction Score
Filling the seats or sold out?
If UConn is undefeated at 7-0 with a 5-0 conference record I'd bet seats filled. When was the last time UConn went 7-0 to start a season?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If UConn is undefeated at 7-0 with a 5-0 conference record I'd bet seats filled. When was the last time UConn went 7-0 to start a season?
One can dream.

Reaction Score
One can dream.
If they could block and tackle P would probably still be here never mind Diaco. Lets see if this set of coaches can get these guys to tackle and more importantly block.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If they could block and tackle P would probably still be here never mind Diaco. Lets see if this set of coaches can get these guys to tackle and more importantly block.
Of course. But 7-0?

Reaction Score
I'm not saying they will go 7-0. I don't think they will but the original question was can they fill the Rent for the Missouri game and the only way I see that happening is if they are undefeated going into that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom