OT: - Can We Please Not Do This........ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Can We Please Not Do This........

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Kid is a hard worker with a great attitude and his teammates love him. He was arguably our best Big his freshman year and took a dramatically reduced role in stride.

Not only is this take moronic but to attack the kid on social media with it is terrible.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The person or people who are doing this are absolutely boneyarders.
What makes you say that?

Reaction Score
This is something a wacko Kentucky fan would do. I'd like to think we're better than that.

Reaction Score
Imagine of someone said that to Someone like Hilton Armstrong, who had a breakout senior season. SMH.

Reaction Score
This is something a wacko Kentucky fan would do. I'd like to think we're better than that.

The truth is, no fan base is better than this. Every group has their jerks.

These types are the ones who tend to think that if a guy does show improvement, it was because of their “tough love” and criticism. Craziness all around.

It’s a bad look, but really just for the individual, not the group.

Reaction Score
Plenty of Whaley hate on the BY, just look at the Borges thread. In my opinion if the idiot is found out and is on the BY he/she should be permanently banned. Whaley has been a great teammate and loyal to the program despite limited playing time. He should be admired for that, no vilified.
Just like Kwintin- the 'adults' on the BY need to act like adults - stop trolling and harassing students.

Reaction Score
Notice the guy has an anonymous name. I think I know who it is though. I'm going with the Bacon Jalapeno Mac and Cheese kid!

Social media allows some people to act tough, but man, I've always thought about who's on the other side of that post. IW handled the right way, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't hurt. He's not a professional. Why would you want to hurt a guy that's done nothing wrong. The worst he's done is not be good enough at basketball?

Even if the guy thought he had a right to insult IW, does he think that will make other player want to go to UConn?

Reaction Score
Plenty of Whaley hate on the BY, just look at the Borges thread. In my opinion if the idiot is found out and is on the BY he/she should be permanently banned. Whaley has been a great teammate and loyal to the program despite limited playing time. He should be admired for that, no vilified.
Just like Kwintin- the 'adults' on the BY need to act like adults - stop trolling and harassing students.
Nobody should be sending Kwintin messages but his situation is totally different. He's 25 years old and is trying to drag UConn through the mud because he didn't like the way things turned out.

I think it would be better for Whaley and for UConn if he played at someplace like Iona but he loves being here so we just have to hope he improves.

Whaley handled the turd perfectly.

Reaction Score
Nobody should be sending Kwintin messages but his situation is totally different. He's 25 years old and is trying to drag UConn through the mud because he didn't like the way things turned out.

I think it would be better for Whaley and for UConn if he played at someplace like Iona but he loves being here so we just have to hope he improves.

Whaley handled the turd perfectly.
So because of that Kwintin deserved what that idiot said to him? He also was a UConn teammate who didn't bail when KO got fired, doesn't deserve what was said to him.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What makes you say that?

Spending enough time here, people who would go out of there way to post here, who feel strongly enough and “understand” hoop enough to know our scholarship situation and what IW staying means and would send DMs to IW absolutely post here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
"Hate" is a strong word. Most of us agree he's probably not good enough for this level. But no one has slandered his reputation, character, or personality. I think everyone here will root for him to improve, since it looks like he's staying.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Hate" is a strong word. Most of us agree he's probably not good enough for this level. But no one has slandered his reputation, character, or personality. I think everyone here will root for him to improve, since it looks like he's staying.
It's on him to get in gym and bulk up. That would be a huge help to him. Agree that, ironically, this idiot did Whaley a favor by generating goodwill for him.

CL82

Reaction Score
Spending enough time here, people who would go out of there way to post here, who feel strongly enough and “understand” hoop enough to know our scholarship situation and what IW staying means and would send DMs to IW absolutely post here.
It wouldn't surprise me. It just sounded like you had more concrete info.

Reaction Score
I have a pretty good idea who this is based on the Kwintin Williams thread from yesterday

eh i wouldn't jump to any conclusions. To be clear I'll preface this by saying I don't think either behavior is acceptable or right. And among other things one of the reasons I'm doing away with social media in and of it's entirety in the near future. But the first instance was a poor judgement the second was non-provoked unbecoming trash talk to an innocent kid giving his all for the team we all love. As fans we should show ALL of these guys nothing but support from walk-on to McDonald's all american.

Reaction Score
eh i wouldn't jump to any conclusions. To be clear I'll preface this by saying I don't think either behavior is acceptable or right. And among other things one of the reasons I'm doing away with social media in and of it's entirety in the near future. But the first instance was a poor judgement the second was non-provoked unbecoming trash talk to an innocent kid giving his all for the team we all love. As fans we should show ALL of these guys nothing but support from walk-on to McDonald's all american.
Ditto. Saying you don't think a kid is good enough to play here, is not the worst thing one could say. But some of the bashing is hurtful and lacks any semblance of remorse. We bashed KW for months, now we would like HIM to take the high road. At least he has a name on his attacks. Almost none of us have any idea what he actually did...but PLENTY of guessing.

Reaction Score
Ditto. Saying you don't think a kid is good enough to play here, is not the worst thing one could say. But some of the bashing is hurtful and lacks any semblance of remorse. We bashed KW for months, now we would like HIM to take the high road. At least he has a name on his attacks. Almost none of us have any idea what he actually did...but PLENTY of guessing.
Tweeting at a kid that he's not good enough is bad. Full stop. There's no ifs or gray area.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Find him/her and if a BYer- ban them
and lets get on with things

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members