Can we go back to the old Husky logo now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we go back to the old Husky logo now?

Reaction Score
Not just for the nostalgia, but I don’t think the new logo really grew on the fan base. I think they just accepted it because they had to. I now associate this new logo with the AAC since it was debuted right before our first year as a member of the AAC. I think one of the reasons the school decided to change the logo at the time was to coincide with the new era of UConn athletics in a new conference. Now that we are back in the Big East, maybe it would be a good idea to go back to the old Husky logo that became famous during the time we dominated that conference.
I don't mind the logo at all but my goodness do I hate our uniforms. They are so tight and short and the cut of the jersey is simply hideous! I know the kids like to wear the tighter stuff but since it all goes in cycles I can't wait for the baggy shorts to comeback over this horrendous tighty pants and jersey:eek:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't mind the logo at all but my goodness do I hate our uniforms. They are so tight and short and the cut of the jersey is simply hideous! I know the kids like to wear the tighter stuff but since it all goes in cycles I can't wait for the baggy shorts to comeback over this horrendous tighty pants and jersey:eek:

It was better last year. The spaghetti strap jerseys went away under Hurley. They had looked like women’s tank tops. Gross. Tight is in. There’s a reason I can’t find a t-shirt I can even wear anymore. Wife got me new undershirts....had freaking spandex in them.

I prefer the new Husky. The old one is a Samoyed, pretty clearly. Wife wanted to discard some old deteriorating Tervis tumblers. My three oldest have the old logo. I did save those for nostalgia, and perhaps mojo as needed. Moved them to the basement bar.

Reaction Score
It was better last year. The spaghetti strap jerseys went away under Hurley. They had looked like women’s tank tops. Gross. Tight is in. There’s a reason I can’t find a t-shirt I can even wear anymore. Wife got me new undershirts....had freaking spandex in them.

I prefer the new Husky. The old one is a Samoyed, pretty clearly. Wife wanted to discard some old deteriorating Tervis tumblers. My three oldest have the old logo. I did save those for nostalgia, and perhaps mojo as needed. Moved them to the basement bar.

Hurley isn't choosing uniform design.

Reaction Score

I am partial to old Jonathan. let's add some more years on here!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The new logo hate is so overdone. It’s a cool logo.

I’m all for an occasional throwback jersey during our games against GTown or St John’s or whatever but the new logo is fine. It’s nice. And actually looks like a Husky.

The old logo is great but it’s outdated.

Reaction Score
Yeah as someone with no nostalgic attachment to the old logo I think the new one is a significant upgrade.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Totally agree with the OP, the white husky was classic on all levels.

As someone also said, I have not bought any new gear with the new Clip Art wolf logo, looks soooo cheap and lame. Hate it. Epic fail for Nike. Don’t fix something that ain’t broke.

Reaction Score
how about, the block C for away games, the hooked C for games at hartford, and old fluffy husky for games at Gample..!? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Totally agree with the OP, the white husky was classic on all levels.

As someone also said, I have not bought any new gear with the new Clip Art wolf logo, looks soooo cheap and lame. Hate it. Epic fail for Nike. Don’t fix something that ain’t broke.

Sorry, but did you take a good look at the other Big East teams' logos shown earlier?

The new logo is powerful and commands attention. The others are the real "clip art", or stylized capital letters, that say nothing about the team as a formidable opponent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom