Can We Discuss Fake Arena Noise?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can We Discuss Fake Arena Noise??

Reaction Score
I can't even say I noticed it. But I appear to be the only one

I noticed it for a minute and then just forgot it was there. My wife walked in the room and asked if there was a crowd. It confused me for a second because I had blocked out the background "crowd" noise.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I was so focused on how bad we were and then how much better we were that I honestly didn't notice the background. Apparently multi-tasking of listening and watching is not my strong suit.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It was annoying for the first 20 minutes and then Polley started making it rain and I pretty much forgot about it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It wasn’t even fan noise it sounded like a mixture of aliens and my baby’s white noise machine.
AND, it continued through timeouts. I agree, absolutely terrible.
It continued during John shooting critical free throws!

Reaction Score
I read something about the NFL using similar white noise to give the teams some privacy for sideline and on-the-field communication. I wonder if that was the idea here.

Whatever the case, I, too, found it to be grating.

Reaction Score
Awful, mostly because it didn't sound like crowd noise, at least that changes volume, this was just a constant hum.
But it would have been more annoying had we lost.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It’s the equivalent of a sit-com laugh track. Annoying even when it’s more real sounding.

Reaction Score
Obviously, the ones complaining about the fake noise never had kids. Parents at some point develop the ability to tune out annoying noises.

My house is a never-ending symphony of toy truck noises. Beeps and vrooms and every other construction noise you can imagine.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of calling Fiserv Forum and asking them what that was about. But since we don't play there again I guess I shouldn't care. Anyone want to volunteer to call and ask them whose stupid idea that noise was?

General Information/Questions: (414) 227-0504

Reaction Score
I noticed it for a minute and then just forgot it was there. My wife walked in the room and asked if there was a crowd. It confused me for a second because I had blocked out the background "crowd" noise.
Were you at mu house - the eaxct same thing happened at my house. Did your wife believe you told her UCONN won? Mine didn't

Reaction Score
Watching Georgetown vs Butler. Butler has some fans in the arena. Not many, but it sounds wonderful after last night.

Speaking of Butler. I've always wanted to visit their arena. I'll have to make the trip at some point to watch our Huskies. Happy to be in a conference with them. Creighton as well. Omaha is only 5 hours from me. The closest conference game since I moved away 16 years ago.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I replaced fake crowd noise for endless stream of Dickie V dribble, then I went back to the fake crowd noise.

Reaction Score
Obviously, the ones complaining about the fake noise never had kids. Parents at some point develop the ability to tune out annoying noises.
Especially with this pandemic, I've become so good at tuning things out it's actually working against me. I don't hear anything anyone in the house is saying to me.

Reaction Score
Especially with this pandemic, I've become so good at tuning things out it's actually working against me. I don't hear anything anyone in the house is saying to me.
Here's the go to answer for that issue. When you say that you didn't hear them and they fire back with, "well you were right there", your reply is, "did I acknowledge what you were saying?" Well then, obviously you didn't hear what they were saying.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
When they come visit, we should play Brazilian World Cup crowd noise. Constant drone of vuvuzelas should give a distinct home advantage!
Horrible idea. Then we would have to suffer through it as well.
I think we should have recorded the noise inside Ted's during one of the championship runs and play that back for crowd noise. 1100 drunken students in a 200 person room can get awfully boisterous.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's the go to answer for that issue. When you say that you didn't hear them and they fire back with, "well you were right there", your reply is, "did I acknowledge what you were saying?" Well then, obviously you didn't hear what they were saying.

1610033863012.png

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I replaced fake crowd noise for endless stream of Dickie V dribble, then I went back to the fake crowd noise.
Edit: Drivel

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I like it. Whaley needs it to get his blood flowing.

Reaction Score
What’s worse ? Fake arena noise or that we still play Jock Jams ??? Can’t we hire an upcoming student DJ majoring in communications???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom