Can We Discuss Fake Arena Noise?? | The Boneyard

Can We Discuss Fake Arena Noise??

Reaction Score
I was so excited to use my new Sonos Beam speaker for the first UConn game since it’s been installed - and I had to listen to that garbage arena noise in surround all night!

Thankfully I did hear a lot of net swishing by Tyler Phommachanh.

Reaction Score
Omg so I wasn't the only one. No crowd has a constant sound like that that has nothing to do with what is going on in the game. It was like really loud white noise. The first few minutes I thought there was something wrong with my TV's sound.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We waiting for this thread. Can we sign a petition to ban the fake nice. It was horrible. Is it FS1 or was it Marquette. Who's the source?
Definitely the arena and/or Marquette. I've watched a bunch of Fox games and none of them sounded like that.

Reaction Score
I always thought the fake crowd noise was a little strange. I give people credit for coming up with ideas to try and make things seem as close to normal as possible, but that was weird. Im a little surprised that the league has not taken a stance on this because in a year where there's essentially no fans in all the arenas, shouldn't all the schools be doing the same thing? IDK how much an effect the fake crowd noise has, but it just seems like it maybe would be a little bit of a competitive disadvantage if some schools/arenas were doing this and others were not.

Reaction Score
The noise was horrific. Like white noise throughout the game. It made me want to turn off the game as soon as I could not get it out of my head. Thank God I am not the only one annoyed by that. Thank you OP for this thread.

Reaction Score
My mom was playing Wordament. Without looking up she asked if we lost the signal. Granted, with cable now there is no noise when that happens, but it brought back memories of the static 'sound' when you would loose the signal from decades ago.

Reaction Score
Tonight was the first time I really noticed. It was very odd. Watched much of the NBA playoffs. All our games thus far. Until tonight I don't remember it being so distracting.

My theory. They were increasing the volume more than normal. To simulte situational crowd noise. For example, I think they were turning it up a bit when we were on offense. To distract us and fuel the defense. Like a real crowd. I assume everyone is doing exactly this. I just think Marquette turned it up a bit more than others. It was more noticeable.

Reaction Score
That was by far the most annoying and worst sounding noise I've heard from any sooner in any venue.

It wasn't close to authentic and almost had a buzzing noise.
I muted the game a few minutes in. It was like nails on a chalkboard

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
That was by far the most annoying and worst sounding noise I've heard from any sooner in any venue.

It wasn't close to authentic and almost had a buzzing noise.
AND, it continued through timeouts. I agree, absolutely terrible.

Reaction Score
Awful, horrible, hated it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It made me yearn for the old droning noise from the lights at the XL center.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom