Can UConn win in the future | The Boneyard

Can UConn win in the future

Reaction Score
Can UConn win in the future? We haven't had a number 1 recruit since Azzi and the last 2 number 1"s that UConn had were injury-prone and still haven't won anything yet. Our coach is nearing the time for social security payments and the rules and competition have changed to empower our competition..We don't have any number 1 recruits lined up and the transfers are not putting Uconn on their list...So please help me from panicking about the future I know change is inevitable and nothing last forever but are we in the midst of a drought that will rival the Knicks or Jets. Can UConn win in the future

Reaction Score
Can UConn win in the future? We haven't had a number 1 recruit since Azzi and the last 2 number 1"s that UConn had were injury-prone and still haven't won anything yet. Our coach is nearing the time for social security payments and the rules and competition have changed to empower our competition..We don't have any number 1 recruits lined up and the transfers are not putting Uconn on their list...So please help me from panicking about the future I know change is inevitable and nothing last forever but are we in the midst of a drought that will rival the Knicks or Jets. Can UConn win in the future
Going a little overboard comparing us to the losers. We have had and still have the best program in WNCAA basketball. Sometimes the breaks arent with us but that doesnt mean we should hang our heads. I'm gonna guess that you didnt mean we are as bad as you made us sound.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How did Stanford do with the #1 ranked player from 2022? Or UCLA with the #2 it Texas A&M with the #3?

Rankings are opinions assigned by people using undefined criteria.

Reaction Score
According to what I just read, there are 3,982 colleges and universities in the United States. I have a feeling that the sports fans of at least 3,975 of them would thank their lucky stars if their future was apparently as bleak as UConn's.

Reaction Score
How do you know transfers are shunning us? Even if they are though, it’s more likely about the strength of our roster rather than dislike or disrespect toward the program. As long as Geno and Chris are doing the evaluating and we are getting the kids they want, we will be OK. It’s an inexact science and not every #1 recruit is going to be Paige, Stewie, Moore etc anyway. As long as Geno & company are here we will always be a threat!

Reaction Score

UCONN's success no doubt has been a huge help getting #1 ranked recruits.
UCONN still has 2 number 1 ranked recrutis, not 1, for this year and maybe next, and maybe Azzi might have 3? I'm not sure about Azzi though.

If healthy, enjoy this year and see if you will ask the question again next year.

Reaction Score

Comparing UConn to the Jets? The Jets!! 54 years and counting Jets? Slowly back up from the window and run, don’t walk, to the nearest therapist.

Reaction Score
Can Stanford continue to win and get the big recruits when Tara calls it quits??? She’s 2 years older than Geno.

Reaction Score
O ye of little faith, as long as Geno and CD are there, Uconn will always be in the mix for a NC> It was not Uconn's fault that all the injuries occured the last 2 seasons. and by the way ,we battled S. Carolina for the NC 2 years ago. AS Dawn Staley would say, we have Boston, you don't. Uconn has a tremendous future with the players we have now. I'm counting on NO. 12 NC in this squads future. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
While I fully expect Geno to keep coaching for many years, UConn is a national (international?) brand and in addition to attracting top players, will be in position of hiring the top coaching staff in the country when required.

Reaction Score
I realize that with a post like this you will receive a lot of push back and you deserve it. UCONN is UCONN and one horrible injury prone season does not a program make. You have the right concern though for the wrong articulated reasons. The biggest threat is the two headed monster of NIL and the transfer portal which should calm down somewhat after the Covid year is gone. I don't object to NIL or to a better transfer policy than what the NCAA had before they gave the keys to the henhouse to the foxes. I object to the use of money to buy players to go to their schools. That is what is happening and after this year's NCAA champion, that is what the coaches are going to try to emulate. Raise the dough, pay the players to transfer to your school, and it's all legal now. Remember when taking a pair of sneakers and a hat was an enforced NCAA violation? Now it's give me 250k in NIL money to go to your school. You can keep the trinkets.

Reaction Score
When all of your players are on page 1 of every recruiting ranking in the country the talent isn't the problem. Once upon a time there was Tennessee and everyone else when it came to recruiting. Then there was Tennessee and UCONN but as time has moved on several other programs are now fighting and getting the top recruits.

I would ask you this. Is there another team in the country right now with the talent top to bottom that competes with UCONN? Now that list is a very short one if there even is a list like that.

Reaction Score
Was your post meant to be clickbait? A team that won 30 games last year without the best player in WCBB and decimated by injuries is all of a sudden heading down a precipice? I think not.

For those living in memory of past glory, the women's game has dramatically changed and improved. The days of UT and UConn exchanging national titles is gone. From like the men's game after the UCLA dynasty, an immersion of talent forever altered the landscape. Yes, a few teams may dominate the upper echelons for a couple of years, but an unrivaled stay at the top like UConn for the past 25 years is unlikely to happen again.

So what does the future look like? In my opinion, the future is so bright, I have to wear shades. Seriously, UConn is loaded with talent for the upcoming season and subsequent seasons. As Geno has stated repeatedly, it is difficult to win it all. I would say Dawn Staley would agree. While a NC is the goal for all teams, it is an unbelievably high metric or standard for UConn. There are quite a few teams in the mix next year, but if, and it is a big if after the past 2 seasons, UConn has the talent, experience and superstars to bring another title home.

Instead of affixing your gaze 5 years down the road, why not enjoy the offseason and look expectedly to a very promising 2023-24 year.

Reaction Score
Sarcasm Reaction GIF by Hello All

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom