Can Top Prep Schools Beat A Good College Team? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can Top Prep Schools Beat A Good College Team?

Reaction Score
I’m not saying that Montverde can go out and beat high major programs. They’d probably get worked. But imagine thinking a team that has the number 1 pick in the NBA draft in Cade Cunningham and another top 10 pick in Scottie Barnes along with 3 other top 50 recruits signed to play at UNC, Arkansas, and Michigan (who will all play major minutes as freshmen), with top players from 21/22 would get worked by bad college teams. That ain’t happening. Again, not saying they go out and beat good programs. But that team could win some games against bad teams. Especially those saying they wouldn’t beat lower tiered non D1 schools. That’s crazy talk.

Reaction Score
UMass won 14 games with this approach and Woodstock. Montverde squad from last year could win a few games.
Yeah but when they were at UMass they weren't high school kids any more.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen a couple of Highschool teams that would beat good Division 3 teams for sure.
Not sure about that. When I coached we had an all state guard who went to a D3 school and never got off the bench.

Reaction Score
I always maintained that a good high school boys team could beat the UConn women.

In soccer the U-16 FC Dallas team beat the USA Women’s National Team in a scrimmage. So, different sport but that’s a group of high school aged boys beating the best women’s team in the world.

Reaction Score
Wasn't this experiment Memphis last year? Come on guys. Would Alabama beat the Browns?

Reaction Score
In soccer the U-16 FC Dallas team beat the USA Women’s National Team in a scrimmage. So, different sport but that’s a group of high school aged boys beating the best women’s team in the world.
It was actually the Dallas under 15 team and they beat them easily. Women's sports can never be compared to men's sports, it's not fair to anyone.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A good college team? Really? Like an at large bid team? Vs high schoolers? Absolutely not. CCSU bs a top prep team? The prep team would lose by 20+

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I always maintained that a good high school boys team could beat the UConn women.
So you think this but don’t think a high ranked boys Highschool team can beat WCSU??? OK

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I seriously doubt those teams would beat any D1 team. Over he course of a game I think strength and conditioning as well as coaching would eventually take a toll. And probably defense too. Few of those prep teams really play any defense to speak of. I’ve heard a number of college coaches say the 2 toughest adjustments kids make are playing defense and playing offense consistently against guys who play defense. So my overall take is they would lose pretty badly to pretty much any high mid major or above. Lose to low majors and maybe in 1 game a prep team could beat a low D1 team in a close game. They wouldn’t take 2 out of 3.

This is what I was going to post too so I will just agree. Any Prep schools trying to work against a trained D1 defense is going to have major problems. It would play havoc with them and make them look bad. They lack the discipline, training and teamwork as well as the experience and physical development of a D1 level team.
You don't see much "D" when you watch prep games; mostly running up and down the floor.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I wouldn't count the best prep team out vs. the worst d1 team...especially if the prep team was senior-laden.

Reaction Score
A good college team? Really? Like an at large bid team? Vs high schoolers? Absolutely not. CCSU bs a top prep team? The prep team would lose by 20+

I'll give you UHart or Quinnipiac. But CCSU was terrible! Lol

Reaction Score
So you think this but don’t think a high ranked boys Highschool team can beat WCSU??? OK
How do you get that I said a highly ranked high school team could beat WCSU?

Reaction Score
Reminds me of when people asked if the 35-0 women's team could compete in DI men's hoops and I think it was Geno who reminded reporters that All-American/All-Everything Rebecca Lobo had her shot blocked so hard by one of the token male practice players one time that it almost broke her nose...
Which ball do they use? Real ball? Smaller women's ball?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom