Can this team get Crystal on the WALL? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can this team get Crystal on the WALL?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Interesting question. When is a PG most valuable, when she is on a team of players who cannot create their own shots or a team full of the exact opposite. Or a team with both. I really don't know what this team will offer CD to work with. I do know that when she is on she can do what Mo and Sue did so well: the 3 point dagger. Wishing Crystal a terrific, healthy year with a floor full of options to work with.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I was under the impression that there are 2 requirements to get on the wall. 1) AA, 2) NC. that is why I asked can this TEAM get her on the wall?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If Crystal breaks both the UConn season and career records for assists, she should get SOME recognition. At this stage of her career, I think she’s as good as Renee.

To follow up on the OP subject line, her teammates can help her by making shots. Beautiful passes that lead to missed layups don’t help her cause.

We made it to the Final Four last year, because Crystal took over the Sweet 16 game against UCLA.

I'd say it's about a 50% chance going into the year. She has the tools to do so but has struggled in most big games throughout her career thus far. I also don't think Montgomery is a great comparison, since Montgomery played off the ball a lot her junior year and was a somewhat questionable AA selection. As a senior she was a full time PG and had a much stronger season. Dangerfield is a better decision maker than Montgomery but not as strong as a scorer and I'm not sure she's going to have AA caliber numbers, especially if Westbrook is healthy. She has the skills but with so many talented teammates I think there's a good chance she gets overlooked, especially if she continues to shoot poorly in big games.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I was under the impression that there are 2 requirements to get on the wall. 1) AA, 2) NC. that is why I asked can this TEAM get her on the wall?

I thought it was just Kodak/WBCA AA honors?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The requirement is being 1st Team AA on one of the major teams: AP, Sportswriters, or Coaches.

Reaction Score

An understandable mistake, given UConn’s 11 National Championships.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Ah, education is a wonderful thing

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, ONO wants to help in the endeavor and I like the waya she's thinking. I've used up my thread of the day ...:confused: so I'll put this article here:

Productive summer for Nelson-Ododa

“It was definitely a great experience to be there with one of my UConn teammates and I learned so much from the girls from Oregon that they shared with us,” Nelson-Ododa said. “It was my first experience with 3x3 and it was very exciting. It’s definitely different than 5x5. The pace is totally different and 3x3 showcases more your one-on-one skills. You also have to work on guarding smaller players. That’s a big thing for me.

“And the physicality of the game was definitely different being overseas. They didn’t call any of the fouls that you would see over here. But you learned to work through that, finish and score through that. Dealing with that is something I think will definitely help me being back here.”

Reaction Score
The requirement is being 1st Team AA on one of the major teams: AP, Sportswriters, or Coaches.
Thats the way I thought the Geno Requirement was for AA. Danger had the tools as a frosh but injuries hurt her. She had them as a Soph, again issues, same as a Jr. I hope nothing stands in her way this year--she has worked and has the talent to be an AA.
My less than intelligent opinion is she shall be an AA this year.

Reaction Score
Ah, education is a wonderful thing
Education only muddles the brain. It only makes one THINK! The hardest function for any human is to THINK.
Lest you think this was a nasty towards you--it wasn't only a commentary on humans.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Education only muddles the brain. It only makes one THINK! The hardest function for any human is to THINK.
Lest you think this was a nasty towards you--it wasn't only a commentary on humans.
but aint i human too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom