Men - Can the Huskies host a regional | The Boneyard

Men Can the Huskies host a regional

Reaction Score
Can they host a regional if they win the BE tourney ? Or has it already been determinded ?

Reaction Score
It was silly stupid for them to select the 20 finalists before season's end. SMH at Pitt.

Reaction Score
I wonder what the logic is in pre-selecting sites before league tourney games ?

Reaction Score
I wonder what the logic is in pre-selecting sites before league tourney games ?

Deviation this year due to Covid. It was announced and explained back @ the beginning of April:

-> “Part of the health and safety protocols for NCAA championships this year was to change to predetermined sites for all sports. In order to fully prepare for COVID-19 testing procedures and protocols, more than a week is needed to prepare the site including certification as a testing site and also to confirm testing personnel from the testing provider. A minimum of three weeks is necessary to ensure that the site will be functioning efficiently,” the memo states. “For the 2021 NCAA Division I Baseball and Softball Championships, preliminary-round sites (regionals and super regionals) will be predetermined.”

Member institutions may bid for the right to host one of the 16 regionals. A program’s on-field product is expected to be a factor in determining hosts. While a three-week interval is necessary for a regional site to be approved by the NCAA, eight of the 16 sites will be additionally designated as super regional hosting locations in the single week between the two rounds. Coronavirus protocols and procedures will be unchanged between the regionals and super regionals. <-

Reaction Score
To be 100% honest, it would be extremely challenging to ever host a regional coming out of the Big East, which is not known as a top 10 or even top 15 baseball conference.

Reaction Score
To be 100% honest, it would be extremely challenging to ever host a regional coming out of the Big East, which is not known as a top 10 or even top 15 baseball conference.

No. The NCAA would love to have more college baseball culture in the Northeast and Rust Belt and would happily play NCAA games there if teams earn home field. They need to be a Top 20 team. This year they never were.

Reaction Score
UConn has been there and done that already in 2010. Norwich Regional - Florida State, UConn, Oregon, CCSU.

While I listened to UConn baseball games on WHUS for a few years prior to 2010, the 2010 season is the year I really started to turn into the UConn baseball fan that I am today. The cherry on top for me that year was the NCAA regional being in Norwich, where I happen to live. The baseball stadium is about 10 to 15 minutes from our house, so it was an easy decision for me and my wife to attend the games.

Reaction Score
No. The NCAA would love to have more college baseball culture in the Northeast and Rust Belt and would happily play NCAA games there if teams earn home field. They need to be a Top 20 team. This year they never were.

Also would help to win some series against top level non conference opponents. Of course, if they did that they probably would have been ranked in the Top 20.

Reaction Score
While I listened to UConn baseball games on WHUS for a few years prior to 2010, the 2010 season is the year I really started to turn into the UConn baseball fan that I am today. The cherry on top for me that year was the NCAA regional being in Norwich, where I happen to live. The baseball stadium is about 10 to 15 minutes from our house, so it was an easy decision for me and my wife to attend the games.
I remember as a kid reading about UConn when they were in the CWS so I have been a fan of UConn baseball all my life. But 2010 and Norwich turned it up a notch. I went to the games all three days in Norwich. The crowd on that Friday night was unbelievable and was not matched during the rest of the regional. I parked in a company parking lot due to the traffic jam and walked to the stadium up the access road. I was there for Mike Olt's demolition of CCSU on Saturday, one of his home runs exploding off his bat. I had never heard such a sound off a bat before. I have been hooked ever since.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
UConn has been there and done that already in 2010. Norwich Regional - Florida State, UConn, Oregon, CCSU.
Remember them playing at Municipal Stadium way back when.
lost in Waterbury to UGA

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Remember them playing at Municipal Stadium way back when.
lost in Waterbury to UGA
I believe Pete Walker started that day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom