Can Saniya give us a missing ingredient? | The Boneyard

Can Saniya give us a missing ingredient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yesterday, Saniya scored 29 points in the last 8 minutes by taking the ball to the hoop and/or getting fouled. ND has players who can do that. We do not at this point. Obviously the competition is very different, but can Saniya become a go-to player at the end of UConn games? If so, when?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think she will, but like MoJeff--who is also a natural at getting to the rim and/or the lane--it will just take some time, especially against top competition

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think you're right. My preference on when would have been about 7 hours ago. :)

Reaction Score
Bria Hartley playing in high school had games that looked almost exactly like Saniya's frequently. I saw less of Moriah, but what I saw also was the same. It's going to take Saniya some significant transition time, and even then what you're describing is very unlikely. The player who can do what you're describing is Breanna. She didn't do it today, but she's the player that needs to do it.

Yesterday, Saniya scored 29 points in the last 8 minutes by taking the ball to the hoop and/or getting fouled. ND has players who can do that. We do not at this point. Obviously the competition is very different, but can Saniya become a go-to player at the end of UConn games? If so, when?

Reaction Score
I keep wondering about Banks. She's the slasher who is fast and reasonably surehanded with the basketball. As she develops, she may be the player to do that.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I believe Saniya will be a great ball-player for UConn but we don't have a missing ingredient... We have a darn good basketball team...we just have to get everyone healthy and playing the kind of basketball they are capable of playing. We have a lot of season left and we have a really good chance at a national championship THIS YEAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom