Can Kobe's GiGi Ball? | The Boneyard

Can Kobe's GiGi Ball?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
True, she doesn't play Little League baseball ;) but she is "obsessed" with playing for UConn one day, so we might as well have a look, right? Now, myself, I think she has a reasonable goal, but you be the judge:

Another video below.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
and so is Crystal Dangerfield, Moriah Jefferson, and Jen Rizzotti!
Only Crystal is listed at 5’5”. Mo & Jen are both listed at 5’6”. But that’s not the point. With Kobe at 6’6”, the original post contemplated that Gigi might be fairly tall, perhaps over 6’. Let’s hope she at least splits the difference between mom & dad, which would put her at 5’11 1/2”.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
True, she doesn't play Little League baseball ;) but she is "obsessed" with playing for UConn one day, so we might as well have a look, right? Now, myself, I think she has a reasonable goal, but you be the judge:

Another video below.

Apparently, it’s Gianna that’s obsessed with UConn.

After watching his former team pick up a win Thursday night, former Lakers star Kobe Bryant ran into NBA Hall of Famer Reggie Miller while walking through the halls of the Staples Center. And in a conversation captured by members of the media, including ESPN writer Arash Markazi, Bryant told Miller that his daughter, Gianna, has her sights set on playing at UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Apparently, it’s Gianna that’s obsessed with UConn.

After watching his former team pick up a win Thursday night, former Lakers star Kobe Bryant ran into NBA Hall of Famer Reggie Miller while walking through the halls of the Staples Center. And in a conversation captured by members of the media, including ESPN writer Arash Markazi, Bryant told Miller that his daughter, Gianna, has her sights set on playing at UConn.

Yup. The liitle snippet is out there in video somewhere too.

Reaction Score
Gianna is GiGi? I’m confused

Gigi must be her nickname...I almost want to say it's an Italian thing also.

EDIT:Just found this,

1551651846614.png

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The one thing I took away from Kobe’s interview yesterday was the things he was telling her about UConn basketball — that it’s all about the team play, the hustle, etc. So if her goal is to be part of the program, I like that he can help to mold that attitude at home and with the teams he’s helping to coach.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Gigi must be her nickname...I almost want to say it's an Italian thing also.

EDIT:Just found this,

View attachment 40432
When Bryant was six, his father retired from the NBA and moved his family to Rieti in Italy to continue playing professional basketball at a lower level. Kobe became accustomed to his new lifestyle and learned to speak fluent Italian Kobe Bryant - Wikipedia

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gianna has good genes (including from Joe "Jelly Bean" Bryant), an expert coach, and the Mama mentality. I'm not betting against her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oregon has Sabrina.

We have had Rebecca, Jen, Kara, Sue, Diana, Tina, Maya, Stewie, Gabby, Lou, Pheesa, et al.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oregon is Kobe-worthy. I’m sure he recognizes Sabrina as the rare talent that she is.

Not to mention it is absolutely impossible that any school, including UConn, could be more Nike-oriented than Phil Knight’s alma mater. Kobe knows on which side his bread is buttered.

Lemme know the next time he shows up there. Nike is just $. UConn is his daughter's dream. Phil bought himself a University, but he can't buy Mecca.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Apparently, Gianna (or Kobe) goes back and forth:

"Kobe Bryant was courtside for the Oregon Ducks women’s basketball team’s game against USC on Friday at the Galen Center in Los Angeles, California. The No. 5 Ducks blew out the Trojans 93-53 as The Black Mamba looked on.

After the game, Bryant and his daughter surprised the Ducks women with a visit to the locker room where he mentioned his little one has a dream to come play for Oregon in the future. But the ladies also had a surprise for the former NBA All-Star: A special pair of his own Nike Kobe A.D. line of shoes in an exclusive Oregon Ducks player edition colorway.

The gesture is sure to make some Ducks fans who also root for the Portland Trail Blazers a bit uneasy."

Oregon Ducks women’s basketball team gifts Kobe Bryant exclusive player edition Nike shoes

Reaction Score
Apparently, Gianna (or Kobe) goes back and forth:

"Kobe Bryant was courtside for the Oregon Ducks women’s basketball team’s game against USC on Friday at the Galen Center in Los Angeles, California. The No. 5 Ducks blew out the Trojans 93-53 as The Black Mamba looked on.

After the game, Bryant and his daughter surprised the Ducks women with a visit to the locker room where he mentioned his little one has a dream to come play for Oregon in the future. But the ladies also had a surprise for the former NBA All-Star: A special pair of his own Nike Kobe A.D. line of shoes in an exclusive Oregon Ducks player edition colorway.

The gesture is sure to make some Ducks fans who also root for the Portland Trail Blazers a bit uneasy."

Oregon Ducks women’s basketball team gifts Kobe Bryant exclusive player edition Nike shoes

Looks like an NCAA violation occurred here. Oregon should expect a call from the NCAA shortly...documents compiled by the SEC for recruiting violation by the Ducks have been FedEx-ed overnight to the NCAA office. :p

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just keeping their options open. If you can't make UConn, there are other 'easier' paths.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom