Can Hyppolite have an impact on Saturday? | The Boneyard

Can Hyppolite have an impact on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Hyppolite returns on Saturday. 3rd year in the program, 6', 215 lb. Yeah, he was moved around a little in the past 2 years. That said, he is looking at a huge opportunity for playing time now. He had a great HS career playing in the Boston area. He's got enough size to take BCS-level punishment. I'm really hoping this kid surprises, it's about time luck turns in our favor. Carpe diem.

Reaction Score
If he can step into the lineup and break a few tackles and pass block he can have a huge impact.

Reaction Score
For a few games last year, he was ahead of DJ in the rotation and the only backup (when Frey was hurt) to Todman. he had a handful of carries in games, and didn't show much, but it wasn't a big enough body of work to judge.

Anyone who can take some of the load of McCombs, even as a 8 carry a game backup, helps us. If he can take the Robbie Frey role from last year, and Shoemate can play his third down back role, it will go a long way towards keeping McCombs fresh and healthy for the season.

Reaction Score
It's hard to fathom that any of our back up backs aren't trustworthy enough to bum a few carries off of McCombs... We've ALWAYS had backs that could produce... ALWAYS... Our current coaching staff isn't really giving any other backs (that have game day experience ) a real shot other than 5'8 170 lb McCombs...

Reaction Score
He didn't show much in games, but on couple of his runs that didn't go for much yardage he showed me a little exlplosiveness/agressiveness hitting the hole that I liked. I don't think the staff trust JJL or DJ enough to allow them to be the compliment back to McCombs. McCombs ain't gonna last at the current pace. It may not be this week, Maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but Hyppolite is going to get a chance and I believe he will surprise.

F

fortebleedsblue

Not if Deleone uses McCombs 98% of the time. Have to be given the chance first.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
They did use JJL a little bit more earlier in the season... but he wasn't very effective at all.. hopefully someone could pick up a few yards... damn do I wish UConn's education program wasn't so friggen selective. :D

Reaction Score
They did use JJL a little bit more earlier in the season... but he wasn't very effective at all.. hopefully someone could pick up a few yards... damn do I wish UConn's education program wasn't so friggen selective. :D

absolutely. frey would be great right now.

i would really like to see foxx get some carries (more than 1 at a time). he seems like the type that could break one if given a few carries. maybe he's been fumbling in practice too. i hope not.

Reaction Score
It's hard to fathom that any of our back up backs aren't trustworthy enough to bum a few carries off of McCombs... We've ALWAYS had backs that could produce... ALWAYS... Our current coaching staff isn't really giving any other backs (that have game day experience ) a real shot other than 5'8 170 lb McCombs...

Can't agree more. With all the success that we've had in the past 7 years (including 4 rb's getting drafted into the NFL), I shocked that we are struggling to build depth here. Can't place alot of blame on the current staff, but will be shocked if we can't start recruiting more talent in the backfield.

Reaction Score
I don't see MH getting many snaps. I would think we would see JJL before we see him. I know that DJ has had his problems, but he needs to see the field regularly and contribute positively for us. I would like to see him on the coverage teams as well. At the end of last season, along with the Sherman Tank, there was some serious hitting going on.

LM cannot be our every down back. LM has to improve pass blocking, running routes, and recieving. We will likely see improvement in future years...but not there yet.

Reaction Score
I don't see MH getting many snaps. I would think we would see JJL before we see him. I know that DJ has had his problems, but he needs to see the field regularly and contribute positively for us. I would like to see him on the coverage teams as well. At the end of last season, along with the Sherman Tank, there was some serious hitting going on.

LM cannot be our every down back. LM has to improve pass blocking, running routes, and recieving. We will likely see improvement in future years...but not there yet.

AT 5'8 170lbs there's no way in hell LM can or should be considered our every down back.. no way... We need some thunder to go along with his lightning... Hopefully we won't have to wait til Dobbs gets on campus in January to look as though we are getting to that point... We need something from DJ or MH or JJL... there's still plenty of time left in this season to get things going there....

Reaction Score
If Hyppolite breaks a tackle that will be a first by a RB this year.

In fact, I can't remember any broken tackles except by Williams against Buffalo.

Reaction Score
People criticize Edsall for being tight lipped to the media, but honestly, I don't believe a word Coach P says regarding playing time. So, although he says he is interested to see Hypolite, I wouldn't be shocked if he hardly saw the field. (and I am not saying I care that Coach P is less than truthful about PT, as it's his job to have opposing teams guessing as to who is playing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom