Can Bouknight win a NBA Slam Dunk Contest? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can Bouknight win a NBA Slam Dunk Contest?

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
He has no chance !!! Like the man said he’s not even the best dunker on the team

Being the best dunker on your team isn’t a prerequisite. If it was, the LeBron’s & Giannis’ of the world would dominate it annually.

Didn’t Drummond compete in a contest once? If he can get an invite, pretty sure it’s not out of the realm of possibility for Bouk.

Reaction Score
I guess common sense is subjective, considering a crazy vertical typically translates well with respect to in-game & contest dunks. We've seen guys like Terrance Ross win the dunk contest & I would classify his athletic profile in the same category as Bouk's. I'm not saying he's the best dunker in the league, nor am I saying he's "likely" to win a dunk contest - however, writing that possibility off entirely is irrational.
Mugsy won a dunk contest also and he was what 5’8. So did Nate Robinson so yes I guess what your saying makes sense that it’s not out of the question because anything is possible. In the real world though, no he will never win a dunk contest. If he enters, yeah I’ll watch.

Reaction Score
Mugsy won a dunk contest also and he was what 5’8. So did Nate Robinson so yes I guess what your saying makes sense that it’s not out of the question because anything is possible. In the real world though, no he will never win a dunk contest. If he enters, yeah I’ll watch.
You're thinking of Spud Webb, 5'7. Muggsy Bogues was 5'3 and could dunk a volleyball.

Reaction Score
The contest is more creativity and execution than leaping ability.

It's a beauty contest, so to speak. I think if Bouk can be imaginative, he very well could win.

Reaction Score
Being the best dunker on your team isn’t a prerequisite. If it was, the LeBron’s & Giannis’ of the world would dominate it annually.

Didn’t Drummond compete in a contest once? If he can get an invite, pretty sure it’s not out of the realm of possibility for Bouk.
There is so much elite talent in regards to dunking Bouknight is not there,nor Lebron or Giannis in their prime. Drummond did get an invite but had no chance of winning from the start. A lot of players also decline to go.

Reaction Score
inside word on this board is that cole is, at least. where is your inside word coming from?
i know a couple managers. Rese almost def not staying. RJ about 50/50.

Reaction Score
Bit of a fail for me.... or a success, depending on how you look at it. I did include the "/s" to show sarcasm. I was just jumping in with Chief-speak. I imagine Chief is anti-slam dunk contest and would "casual fan" it while also throwing in a comment about Bouk ignoring his advice (sarcastically saying he should stay for the full 5 years that the extra COVID year would allow). By the way, I love Chief as a poster. He's pretty hysterical, whether it's intentional or unintentional. Either way, it works!

Oh well, I'll stick to comments about soccer or YTTV!
Nope. My fail bro. I totally missed the /s at the end.

Reaction Score
The contest is more creativity and execution than leaping ability.

It's a beauty contest, so to speak. I think if Bouk can be imaginative, he very well could win.
get the point, but nah don’t see it. I’d put my $$ on matisse thybulle. his name is Matisse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom