Can Bouknight win a NBA Slam Dunk Contest? | The Boneyard

Can Bouknight win a NBA Slam Dunk Contest?

Reaction Score
Not saying he's participating and also not certain how they select participants, but I feel he would be electric in this contest. Its a hypothetical question begging for a real life answer.

Reaction Score
That's really all James has to look forward to in his NBA career. The ultimate Casual Fan event. They should just start having the dunk contest as an NBA First Night special. James should have stayed at UConn for three more years like I advised. /s

Reaction Score
That's really all James has to look forward to in his NBA career. The ultimate Casual Fan event. They should just start having the dunk contest as an NBA First Night special. James should have stayed at UConn for three more years like I advised. /s
Don’t quit your day job.

Reaction Score
lol that's 5 years total

Reaction Score
Chiefin' ain't easy bro.

Reaction Score
Youre either trolling or the ultimate casual fan.

Reaction Score
Youre either trolling or the ultimate casual fan.
Bit of a fail for me.... or a success, depending on how you look at it. I did include the "/s" to show sarcasm. I was just jumping in with Chief-speak. I imagine Chief is anti-slam dunk contest and would "casual fan" it while also throwing in a comment about Bouk ignoring his advice (sarcastically saying he should stay for the full 5 years that the extra COVID year would allow). By the way, I love Chief as a poster. He's pretty hysterical, whether it's intentional or unintentional. Either way, it works!

Oh well, I'll stick to comments about soccer or YTTV!

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
During the game against SAC, the announcer referenced that Bouk had a 44” vertical. If that’s even close to true (which based on what I’ve seen, it is) then he could absolutely win an nba dunk contest. Sure there are a ton of ridiculous athletes in the league, but to say Bouk has no chance whatsoever is just foolish.

A lot of “fans” (casual or otherwise) on here can be such haters.

Reaction Score
Covid gave everyone another year.
sigh.... i'm well aware but never in history has someone been drafted into the nba after playing for 5 seasons in college. bouk was never ever ever staying more than 3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bouk has no chance at winning a dunk contest. He’s athletic but there are levels to this and he’s not up there.

Reaction Score
Bouk is a ridiculously good in game dunker. His ability to tomahawk dunk off missed shots is absurd for his size and his highlight dunk package will be insane but he doesn't strike me as a dunk contest guy.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Sure Bouk could do well in the dunk contest. Why not? Ray was in the dunk contest in 97. I think Bouk would have some good dunks.

Reaction Score
My money is on Knicks Jericho Sims
165C6F8A-18C9-49B0-AEBC-0C73B430715A.png

Reaction Score
During the game against SAC, the announcer referenced that Bouk had a 44” vertical. If that’s even close to true (which based on what I’ve seen, it is) then he could absolutely win an nba dunk contest. Sure there are a ton of ridiculous athletes in the league, but to say Bouk has no chance whatsoever is just foolish.

A lot of “fans” (casual or otherwise) on here can be such haters.
I don’t think the people who said no are haters! Mainly just people with common sense, that know he isn’t even the best dunker on his team. Sure he’s a great in game dunker, but a dunk contest is a completely different animal.

Reaction Score
Yes if he can get to the contest before Action Jackson gets to the Show.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I don’t think the people who said no are haters! Mainly just people with common sense, that know he isn’t even the best dunker on his team. Sure he’s a great in game dunker, but a dunk contest is a completely different animal.
I guess common sense is subjective, considering a crazy vertical typically translates well with respect to in-game & contest dunks. We've seen guys like Terrance Ross win the dunk contest & I would classify his athletic profile in the same category as Bouk's. I'm not saying he's the best dunker in the league, nor am I saying he's "likely" to win a dunk contest - however, writing that possibility off entirely is irrational.

Reaction Score
I guess common sense is subjective, considering a crazy vertical typically translates well with respect to in-game & contest dunks. We've seen guys like Terrance Ross win the dunk contest & I would classify his athletic profile in the same category as Bouk's. I'm not saying he's the best dunker in the league, nor am I saying he's "likely" to win a dunk contest - however, writing that possibility off entirely is irrational.
He has no chance !!! Like the man said he’s not even the best dunker on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom