Can anyone on this team shot the ball? | The Boneyard

Can anyone on this team shot the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have never seen a team that shoots so poorly. The only way UCONN can score is on layups. Forget about free throws, just as bad from there. I think it has something to do with the practice facility. They get use to shooting at a basket with a wall wright behind it. Now they are in an arena where the hoops are in the middle of a huge room. Depth perception is messed up. They need figure it out because you have to be able to knock down shots to win games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They've been shooting free throws just fine this year. Small sample tonight. Boatright and Hamilton are the outside shooters, obviously--but I don't think Purvis's shot is really awful. Hopefully it will come around. He shot 39.5% from 3 last year, and he took quite a few of them.

Reaction Score
They've been shooting free throws just fine this year. Small sample tonight. Boatright and Hamilton are the outside shooters, obviously--but I don't think Purvis's shot is really awful. Hopefully it will come around. He shot 39.5% from 3 last year, and he took quite a few of them.
Was that in practice?

Reaction Score
We lost three shooters - bazz, Niels and deandre and replaced them with guys who can't shoot a lick (purvis, cassel and Samuel)

Reaction Score

I have to disagree.....If I remember this accurately, RB missed the back ends of one and one's in the Texas AND Yale games, which would have at least seen those made 3's put them games into OT, where who knows what would have gone on, but still, they have NOT been fine shooting free throws this season.

Even with my MS screwed up eyesight, I can see that the free throws are poor........as far as Purvis' shot being awful, that is being generous, at best, so far this season, but there is time going forward for Purvis to get it back on track.......hopefully

Somewhere, the next great UCONN shooter is still on tour, in his old man's testicles........don't know if, at my age, I'll be around to see him in uniform, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom