Can anyone explain | The Boneyard

Can anyone explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why at the end of the game when UConn only needed to take 3 knees they ran the ball twice? I'll take any explanation... why handing the ball off is better than knees.

Reaction Score
No clue. I want someone in the media to ask that question.

I guarantee you they just couldn't do the math. It's sad. You would think you could get some student to stand there with a chart and tell Paul what to do.

Reaction Score
Someone called into Kevin Nathan post game and Kevin said that 'now is not the time to question' . Horrible coaching but a very nice win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can tell Kevin Nathan that every single person in my section was asking the question and it leads you to ask if it's amateur hour.

Reaction Score
On the bright side, we'll have more money for coaching staffs in the future.

Reaction Score
Apparently the staff has math issues. Idiotic. There would have been a riot at the Rent if something bad happened.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Someone called into Kevin Nathan post game and Kevin said that 'now is not the time to question' . Horrible coaching but a very nice win.

Nathan is horrible. I always tune in on the ride home and he always makes me change the station.

Reaction Score
Not a big deal. Very good win. We lose and the board is in meltdown mode. We win and it's a ghost town.

No need to nit pick.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not a big deal. Very good win. We lose and the board is in meltdown mode. We win and it's a ghost town.

No need to nit pick.

It was nice win. It doesn't change the fact that when the situation called for three knees, the coaching staff put a win at risk by handing the ball off twice. It's sort of like asking me to be impressed by your ability to do calculus when you can't add two plus two.

Reaction Score
I believe south florida had a time out still so we needed to get one first down. If not, there would have been two seconds left for a possible kick return....I think that may be it

Reaction Score
Your're not the only puzzled fan.I spoke with Lyle McCombs post game and he said they were all surprised at calls for hand offs. In fact he said "that's why I dove to the ground".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I believe south florida had a time out still so we needed to get one first down. If not, there would have been two seconds left for a possible kick return....I think that may be it

Uh. After they got a first down. It was three knees and out, and they handed the ball off twice.

Reaction Score
On second down with 54 seconds left on the clock after South Florida had just burned their last timeout and the staff had time to do some simple math (2 * 40 = 80, 80 is greater than 54) we called a running play. The replay shows P yelling into the headset after the play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your're not the only puzzled fan.I spoke with Lyle McCombs post game and he said they were all surprised at calls for hand offs. In fact he said "that's why I dove to the ground".

I was actually very interested in what happens in the huddle when they send in a ridiculous call like that. How doesn't McEntee just laugh and call for a knee?

Reaction Score
On second down with 54 seconds left on the clock after South Florida had just burned their last timeout and the staff had time to do some simple math (2 * 40 = 80, 80 is greater than 54) we called a running play. The replay shows P yelling into the headset after the play.

He was probably pissed at DeLeone upstairs.

Reaction Score
There are other things to more concerned with than this.

Like our RB's acting like matadors against the blitz.

Or Nick Williams refusal to field punts.

Reaction Score
I can tell Kevin Nathan that every single person in my section was asking the question and it leads you to ask if it's amateur hour.
It was bad to not take knees, but P and Deleone have accomplished a lot in this game of football, whether you like them or not, it is silly to imply that their coaching is "amateur hour".

Reaction Score
Really? I thought so in the stands but I wasnt sure. Seriously all we had to do was knee and they ran 2 plays? Honestly wtf is going on in that booth? How on earth can something so goddam simple be so screwed up? PP is ultimately responsible, but c'mon man! Someone's head better roll for that one. Could you imagine if it was fumbled? I would riot.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I said the same thing! Absolutely horrific clock management by Coach P once again.

This guy's inability to use his timeouts properly or even know when to take a knee to close out a game is quite honestly astonishing.

Reaction Score
P was asked about this today by the horde. He admitted they goofed that up. Give him credit for taking responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom