Can’t afford another poor recruiting class! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can’t afford another poor recruiting class!

Reaction Score
I really do not know what to make of this thread. Who determines if the class is a poor recruiting class? Some person who sits behind a computer and makes statements or the coaching staff? You are not going to recruit 5 Maya Moores and Tina Charles each year. This team has 3 High School Players of the Year. I mean seriously... what a horrible job UCONN has done. Seriously.....

Simple, it's determined by the results, not any person.

Reaction Score
As I read all of the recruiting threads my mind is boggled. One would think that UConn was in a dismal slump - and to be honest many think losing in ot in the semi-finals 2 straight years is a slump.

Geno is waiting to hear the choices of two of the three top hs players this year (I'm sure he already knows the answer). If Boston or Jones chooses UConn it will be a very good recruiting year. If both choose UConn it will be a great recruiting year. If neither chooses UConn then Geno will have to reel in more players next year. But one should remember that of all collegiate sports basketball is the easiest to recover from a poor recruiting year.

Many have suggested that Geno needs to cast a wider net. And the same group suggests that Geno needs to play the subs more to develop them. I would argue that casting a wider net would mean bringing in players that don’t fit the profile Geno desires. This would likely result in more players seeing less playing time and could cause issues Geno does not want to deal with.

Geno appears to adapt to the players he has each year. This year he is playing subs more because he has to and by the end of the year I expect the team to compete for a final 4 spot.

Although he is not perfect - but he may be close - I venture to say that a coach with 11 National Championships and a current streak of 11 final fours may actually know what he is doing.

That said, these threads can be entertaining at times.

Reaction Score
As I read all of the recruiting threads my mind is boggled. One would think that UConn was in a dismal slump - and to be honest many think losing in ot in the semi-finals 2 straight years is a slump.
It definitely is...

1542834204965.png

Reaction Score
Sadly it doesn't appear that there will be a bar for the 2019-2020 season after the disastrous recruiting haul this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom