Cambage wants trade | The Boneyard

Cambage wants trade

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is shaping up as an interesting off season. Maybe they should all just sign one year contracts and then be free to change teams every year.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't play in the upcoming WNBA season but I was definitely shocked she has asked to be traded.

From the outside looking in, what could another franchise offer her that Dallas can't? Not more money, not more opportunities on the court (already have another star to share spotlight), not more comfort off the court (they have ex-Opal Erin Phillips in front office and current opal Cayla George on roster).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't play in the upcoming WNBA season but I was definitely was shocked she asked to be traded.

From the outside looking in what could another franchise offer her than Dallas can't? Not more money, not more opportunities on the court (already have another star to share spotlight), not more comfort off the court (they have ex-Opal Erin Phillips in front office and current opal Cayla George on roster).
A place like Seattle where she can win, and not be triple teamed, every time down the floor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I submit that there are numerous WNBA teams that would happily welcome Cambage to their organization this year should she be willing to go.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'm assuming that Maya, like Renee, would like to play close to home (Dream). I can see Liz wanting to go to a lifestyle destination like LA [EDIT: or Vegas]. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LA could offer them Lavender and Sims after they sign her. Dallas could play Sims at the point this year and trade her again when Diggens returns next season. I am sure they do not want to play them together. I am also sure that Cambage will not just go anywhere. Las Vagas is also a good destination for her. They have a lot of expendable players to trade with as well as Las Vagas being an attractive place to be.

Reaction Score
LA could offer them Lavender and Sims after they sign her. Dallas could play Sims at the point this year and trade her again when Diggens returns next season. I am sure they do not want to play them together. I am also sure that Cambage will not just go anywhere. Las Vagas is also a good destination for her. They have a lot of expendable players to trade with as well as Las Vagas being an attractive place to be.
Lavender and Sims for Cambage?? That's like trading Michael Beasley & Rondo for Anthony Davis :rolleyes:. Also, don't forget the new coach for Dallas is the old LA coach. I highly doubt he would allow her to be traded to LA.

Reaction Score
I wonder if trader Bill is considering trading his number one pick for Cambage or Moore. The news is more recent obviously, but he did say it was up for grabs but he wants a player that can contribute to winning immediately.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't play in the upcoming WNBA season but I was definitely shocked she has asked to be traded.

From the outside looking in, what could another franchise offer her that Dallas can't? Not more money, not more opportunities on the court (already have another star to share spotlight), not more comfort off the court (they have ex-Opal Erin Phillips in front office and current opal Cayla George on roster).[/QUOTE}

**Can't figure out how to unquote this**

When Liz envisioned playing in America I don't think Tulsa and Dallas is what she had in mind....guessing she wants to go to a more "fun" area seeing that she has a big personality and interests outside of basketball. She also has been only on losing franchises and her teams have been poorly managed. Her squad nearly missed out on the playoffs despite having her and Diggins. She's turning 28 this year and likely wants to be put in a situation where she can compete for a title where that isn't happening for her in Dallas.

As far as a trade, I can't imagine Dallas will get someone of equal value since Liz is a flight risk and has an inconsistent history of playing in the league. Whoever she's going to wins the trade unless Liz still decides not to play after getting traded, or only plays for 1 year. I hope she plays next year, she was incredible to watch and is easily the best center in the league IMO.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She wants to be apart of the glitz and glamour of L.A.
Rub shoulders with the stars....

Can't do that in Dallas.

Being a Sparks fan, (I cant speak for them) I would like to see her in LA this year. I think she could help them win a few games.

Reaction Score
Being a Sparks fan, (I cant speak for them) I would like to see her in LA this year. I think she could help them win a few games.
Who would they trade for her?

Reaction Score
I wonder if trader Bill is considering trading his number one pick for Cambage or Moore. The news is more recent obviously, but he did say it was up for grabs but he wants a player that can contribute to winning immediately.
This makes the most sense. There isn't a player close to Cambage talent in the draft this season.

Reaction Score
This makes the most sense. There isn't a player close to Cambage talent in the draft this season.
Agree, but that’s a high risk way to use a high #1 pick. You never know how long you’re going to have her. I’d never count on more than 1 year with her.

Reaction Score
Lavender and Sims for Cambage?? That's like trading Michael Beasley & Rondo for Anthony Davis :rolleyes:. Also, don't forget the new coach for Dallas is the old LA coach. I highly doubt he would allow her to be traded to LA.
I originally was just going to post that they could trade Lavender for her with a following LOL. During the post thought about what might make it a more serious trade so I added Sims. I also meant to add their first pick. The reason I thought that might be an offer that might be accepted is that Cambage is demanding a trade and in those sort of situations the trading team loses leverage. Cambage also has the leverage of dictating where in that she could threaten to just not come back if the team does not suit her.

On farther thought I occurred to me that Las Vagas might be more acceptable to her and they also had the most resources to make that sort of trade. Of course the fact that Cambage might not be that committed to the WNBA also means any team trading for her is also taking a risk which also decreases her value. Right now she holds all the leverage in respect to not only being traded but to were. Dallas is between a rock and a hard place in this trade. LA could also throw in Vadeeva but then she might chose not to play for Dallas either. Of course it all depends on how many teams Cambage finds acceptable. The smaller the number the less leverage Dallas would have in getting appropriate value in return.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom