Cambage traded to Vegas | The Boneyard

Cambage traded to Vegas

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Apparently not quite final, but it looks as if it will happen.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Highway robbery by the Aces. Should be the frontrunner now. Wilson and Cambage will be a ridiculous combo. Not to mention 15+ppg from Kayla McBride and a good young PG in Plum. Oh yeah, and the new #1 pick in Jackie Young. Wow.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Highway robbery by the Aces. Should be the frontrunner now. Wilson and Cambage will be a ridiculous combo. Not to mention 15+ppg from Kayla McBride and a good young PG in Plum. Oh yeah, and the new #1 pick in Jackie Young. Wow.

This is probably the best deal Dallas was offered. As you know Cambage was demanding a trade. She wanted to go to Los Angeles, but I don't think that Sparks GM Penny Toler was interested in acquiring Cambage since they already have a new post player in 6'7" Kalani Brown (Baylor), and she was not willing to part with any of her core players that Dallas wanted.

This is year 2 in in trader Bill's 3 year plan to raise the ACES franchise back to respectability and perennial playoff contenders. Cambage, Wilson, McBride, Plum and Jackie Young would be a very formidable combination.

I'm sure Kayla McBride approves of this deal. She's been waiting on some help for 3 years. It doesn't appear that Jefferson is thrilled over the prospects of returning home, and appears to be willing to sit out the season. Glen Heights (her hometown) is only 18 miles from Dallas. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If it does happen, I’ll be happy for Moriah. Not sure how it’ll be for her once Skylar returns though.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Saw an interview with Liz Cambage, will she report to Vegas?

Reaction Score
They should have taken the initial deal offered by the Sparks. If this trade goes through- with Cambage the draft pick they get from Las Vagas is not going to be much better than the one the said was not good enough from the Sparks. Plus the players would have had more value.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Rumor is now the trade is off due to Moriah sitting out this year. Hope see Liz this year. Would be a shame to miss out on her, Stewart, DT (most of year), Diggins (most of year), and Maya. Plus Parker has some hamstring injury. That's 6/10 of last year's All-WNBA teams, including 4 players who have earned both WNBA MVP and WNBA Finals MVP honors.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Mo is sitting out??? That’s news to me.

Info??

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I know she sat out the last international game. If true, this is terrible news.

Reaction Score
Not sure about this. Wilson has demonstrated that she performs better when she is alone in the deep post.
I agree with this. Although, Cambage does have some range, but shell have to be more of a threat in order to leave Aja Wilson with a one-on-one match up in the paint.

Reaction Score
It seems like MoJeff is definitely an afterthought for the Aces. It goes to show, that availability is the best ability.

Reaction Score
Perhaps she does need the rest. Or perhaps she is not overjoyed to be traded to a team where she will eventually have to play second fiddle to Diggins. Probably wants to go to a team where she will start at the point. I can see her point if that's her reasoning. Being stuck on a team that is overloaded at your position and not getting the opportunity to get much playing time will after a while get you labeled as a reserve even though you might be good enough to start. With the limited rosters and very short training camp and preseason, it doesn't give players much time or opportunity to change any perspective that teams already have of them.

Or just maybe Vagas just saw this coming and thought they would get rid of her before she decided or announced. I don't know what the safeguards or rules are in respect to players opting out sometime after being traded.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is a very good move for Cambage. She needs a tough coach to get her head on straight to match her skills. I think Asia and Cambage can definitely coexist since Asia can work outside the lane as well.

I think this puts the Aces in the top 3.

On the other side, I hope Moriah can show she can play major minutes and stay healthy in front of her home state fans.

Reaction Score
I have no specific team I follow, with college (UConn) and country (Australia) aside, but I probably should follow the Aces being they were originally from Utah (via San Antonio) and that is my NBA team but they are probably now my least favorite.

It is ridiculous that the Aces got 3 first overall picks in row (there should be a rule that you can't have the first overall pick in back-to-back years) but now they get one of the best players in the league without giving any of those or their All-Star McBride?

I know the forced trades are a by-product of the remuneration (in comparison to what they can earn overseas) but it makes it harder to root for a league when the players themselves don't seem to care about it.

Liz is a great talent and I will always cheer for her when she plays for our country but personally I would have preferred that she just not play in the WNBA anymore and instead focus on the Chinese and Australian leagues.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It is ridiculous that the Aces got 3 first overall picks in row (there should be a rule that you can't have the first overall pick in back-to-back years) but now they get one of the best players in the league without giving any of those or their All-Star McBride?

It definitely is a consistent problem in the WNBA that stars forced trades to preferred destinations and the trading team never receives anything close to fair value for the stars. It creates some serious competitive imbalance.

Connecticut only got a single 1st round pick (likely to be low) for Chiney.

Chicago has maybe got the worst of this. They had to give up a 2nd round pick to trade Fowles for Erika de Souza (who was already past her prime).

The EDD trade actually wasn't too bad as Chicago got a starting center (Dolson) and useful bench guard (Copper) plus the #2 overall pick. Too bad that draft sucked and that #2 pick was Coates who is not very good.

Now Dallas is getting a PG who has struggled with injuries, a backup big, plus 1st and 2nd round picks. But those picks are likely to be late in the round and the 2020 draft doesn't look that deep as of now. Dallas appears to be in a really rough spot.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the trade but is it me or is the WNBA trying to help Bill get more rings because his team has had the last 3 #1 picks and 2016 they had the #2 pick. And to top it off they trade the most dominate woman who demands a trade to the teams she wants to play with. Reminds me of the NBA how they want the lakers to get the best players to help Lebron win another championship.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It definitely is a consistent problem in the WNBA that stars forced trades to preferred destinations and the trading team never receives anything close to fair value for the stars. It creates some serious competitive imbalance.

Connecticut only got a single 1st round pick (likely to be low) for Chiney.

Chicago has maybe got the worst of this. They had to give up a 2nd round pick to trade Fowles for Erika de Souza (who was already past her prime).

The EDD trade actually wasn't too bad as Chicago got a starting center (Dolson) and useful bench guard (Copper) plus the #2 overall pick. Too bad that draft sucked and that #2 pick was Coates who is not very good.

I'd honestly forgotten about Coates :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom