Cambage not coming back this season | The Boneyard

Cambage not coming back this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey - so they are tanking it for draft position I guess. I hope we get lots of negative columns about the Shock and Cambage like we got about Diana and the Mercury!!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I still Cambage would have been so much better off playing college ball somewhere in the states!!!!

Clearly she is talented, but I wonder.......

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I can only assume that Cambage was under contract. Do contracts mean nothing in the WNBA?

I have to wonder if Cambage will return to the WNBA. Are the salaries really worth coming to the US for? Maybe it would be different if you come to the US and live in NY or LA, but does anyone from Australia say "I can hardly wait to get back to Tulsa"?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I can only assume that Cambage was under contract. Do contracts mean nothing in the WNBA?

I have to wonder if Cambage will return to the WNBA. Are the salaries really worth coming to the US for? Maybe it would be different if you come to the US and live in NY or LA, but does anyone from Australia say "I can hardly wait to get back to Tulsa"?
I think the reason to play in the states is that with all the great USA players plus some really great foreign players the WNBA really is the best competitive league, so it is good for developing skills. But I agree - the money is crap compared to most of the money elsewhere, so there is not a lot of incentive.
As for contracts - meh. No one in any pro sport has ever tried to enforce a player playing because they have a contract - the difference is the guys are giving up millions of dollars by not playing, vs. the women who are giving up only thousnads of dollars. So the women have much less incentive to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom