Cambage blimping up | The Boneyard

Cambage blimping up

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"Cambage said the weight gain came from a lack of court-time with Tulsa and the American lifestyle, but she said it was not as bad as had been made out."

Seriously? i thought maybe the author took the commennts out of context, but there's a direct quote from Liz a little further down. not to disparage her, but playing time is usually earned. now i'll admit i have zero idea what went on in Tulsa's practices, but you have to think the coach would have loved having a 6'8" player on the court.

and you have to imagine they were practicing every day. it sounds a bit by her comments that she was being force fed burgers and fries and had no control over what went into her mouth, nor how much time she spent working out on her fitness. i recall seeing interviews with her and reading articles and really thought she was a refreshingly sweet.

she talks about maturing, being away from home, etc. in the latter part of the article, but i just found it kind of odd to not take responsibility for her own fitness and in eating a better diet...

frankly, i'd be really really surprised if she comes back next year.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
My bet is that we will see her back... But with a different & more mature attitude towards her goals... If she wants to excel, it will be against WNBA competition and in the USA.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"

she talks about maturing, being away from home, etc. in the latter part of the article, but i just found it kind of odd to not take responsibility for her own fitness and in eating a better diet...

She is extremely young.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Cambage said the weight gain came from a lack of court-time with Tulsa and the American lifestyle, but she said it was not as bad as had been made out."

Seriously? i thought maybe the author took the commennts out of context, but there's a direct quote from Liz a little further down. not to disparage her, but playing time is usually earned. now i'll admit i have zero idea what went on in Tulsa's practices, but you have to think the coach would have loved having a 6'8" player on the court.

and you have to imagine they were practicing every day. it sounds a bit by her comments that she was being force fed burgers and fries and had no control over what went into her mouth, nor how much time she spent working out on her fitness. i recall seeing interviews with her and reading articles and really thought she was a refreshingly sweet.

frankly, i'd be really really surprised if she comes back next year.
When Diana gave up In 'n' Out burgers, someone had to pick up the slack. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She is extremely young.
i get that but still... we have freshmen coming in this year who take their diet and fitness seriously before they even step foot on the campus. they aren't getting paid, and these kids are 17 or 18 years old and have never played for the US Senior National Team... i get that she's young, but i can't believe she had no control over going to the gym or what she put in her mouth.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
now i'll admit i have zero idea what went on in Tulsa's practices, but you have to think the coach would have loved having a 6'8" player on the court.

Teresa Edwards is notorious for not playing rookies. Pedersen's playing time was also cut when she became the head coach. It was not just Cambage.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i get that but still... we have freshmen coming in this year who take their diet and fitness seriously before they even step foot on the campus. they aren't getting paid, and these kids are 17 or 18 years old and have never played for the US Senior National Team... i get that she's young, but i can't believe she had no control over going to the gym or what she put in her mouth.
I expect most of our college kids have folks from the staff much more involved helping to train and organize them than when they become pros and become more responsible for managing their own lives. Cambage was thrown very quickly into the pro world. How many of us as adults do no better? I'll raise my hand.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expect most of our college kids have folks from the staff much more involved helping to train and organize them than when they become pros and become more responsible for managing their own lives. Cabbage was thrown very quickly into the pro world. How many of us as adults do no better? I'll raise my hand.

Good typo! Liz was turned into cole slaw this year. :) But she'll be a force later in her career.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Good typo! Liz was turned into cole slaw this year. :) But she'll be a force later in her career.
No typo, just the auto speller and its sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom