Camara status? | The Boneyard

Camara status?

Reaction Score
Is she still hurt or not just ready for game speed? I've checked and I can't seem to find any info.

Reaction Score
Geno doesn't trust her to play meaningful minutes yet. Same as the rest of the bench.

Hopefully she works extra hard at practice so she can get into the game.

Reaction Score
She's not healthy. She can only play limited minutes, and then only with a heavy brace on her knee. Clearly, her injury was very serious, and it's meant that she can only play briefly, if at all.

We still haven't received a detailed update. But the reality is that she can't contribute yet.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Can she transfer again? Not suggesting anything. Just curious.

Of course you're suggesting something. She's only eligible this season after sitting out her transfer year and you're asking if she can transfer again. Why?

Camara has a bone bruise on her knee. Tuck had the same type of injury and missed time after surgery. We don't know the reason for the bone bruise (for Tuck it was missing cartilage) but the injury can be painful.

Reaction Score
I don't think she is 100%... at least she didn't look 100% to me the few minutes she played in the Houston game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To me, Batouly is still not at full speed and her tentativeness may be why Geno hasn’t played her more. Her size and skills are exactly what we need in any games like this to combat the waves of size Texas, Baylor or MSU can throw out there. In watching her in the limited minutes, she clearly has good skills and should be in the rotation. I know many a BY has a certain other favorite but she does not possess the skills yet to compete with the likes of Holmes, White, Caron Goudreau, Hosea, BRown, Cox, Cohen, Bibby and Campbell. Then again, to me, only Texas and MSU have the strong senior guard play and size to give us any worry and I am really not that worried. Last night was as good a test as any team can/could give-a raucous 11,877 fans, a good game plan that was executed, stellar play at a level not seen prior, and some uncharacteristic turnovers than need to be given as credit to Texas and yet our girls stood tall (if at least blinking...). If you didn’t think that was a good game and gave our coaches an insight on what THEY NEED TO FIX, than I can't write or offer you anything. Great game, great effort, great win!

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can she transfer again? Not suggesting anything. Just curious.
Sure, but eventually she'll run out of eligibility...or graduate.

Reaction Score
To me, Batouly is still not at full speed and her tentativeness may be why Geno hasn’t played her more. Her size and skills are exactly what we need in any games like this to combat the waves of size Texas, Baylor or MSU can throw out there. In watching her in the limited minutes, she clearly has good skills and should be in the rotation. I know many a BY has a certain other favorite but she does not possess the skills yet to compete with the likes of Holmes, White, Caron Goudreau, Hosea, BRown, Cox, Cohen, Bibby and Campbell. Then again, to me, only Texas and MSU have the strong senior guard play and size to give us any worry and I am really not that worried. Last night was as good a test as any team can/could give-a raucous 11,877 fans, a good game plan that was executed, stellar play at a level not seen prior, and some uncharacteristic turnovers than need to be given as credit to Texas and yet our girls stood tall (if at least blinking...). If you didn’t think that was a good game and gave our coaches an insight on what THEY NEED TO FIX, than I can write or tell you anything. Great game, great effort, great win!

I agree that BC would have been perfect in that game last night. She has the size that we were lacking. I certainly hope that she progresses in practice to the point where the staff believes that they can use her during games.

Reaction Score
Of course you're suggesting something. She's only eligible this season after sitting out her transfer year and you're asking if she can transfer again. Why?

Camara has a bone bruise on her knee. Tuck had the same type of injury and missed time after surgery. We don't know the reason for the bone bruise (for Tuck it was missing cartilage) but the injury can be painful.
That’s terrible news. This doesn’t look good for her. I loved her at KY. She would have given LVille fits if she wasn’t hurt and stayed. She was really coming on.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Batouly is healthy. The game against Houston, she look like the knee is still bothering her. Maybe, that's why she is getting limited minutes.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Megan Walker would be able to make a cameo before halftime just in case we needed her down the stretch. I hope they let her out of the dog house, because we know she is capable of helping this team.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Megan Walker would be able to make a cameo before halftime just in case we needed her down the stretch. I hope they let her out of the dog house, because we know she is capable of helping this team.

The only one who can let Megan out of the dog house is Megan. The dog house locks from the inside.

Reaction Score
Considering that she's dragging what looks like 20 lbs of steel around with her, actually thought she look rather fluid and agile. All in the eye of the beholder, I know. We do need her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The only one who can let Megan out of the dog house is Megan. The dog house locks from the inside.
I don’t know if you came up with that line on your own or not. If you did, I must tell you it’s one of the best lines I’ve ever seen. Geno should print it using a 12” font and post it in the locker room at the Werth Center.

Reaction Score
Considering that she's dragging what looks like 20 lbs of steel around with her, actually thought she look rather fluid and agile. All in the eye of the beholder, I know. We do need her.
Is Walker overweight?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Surely the builder of the doghouse provided for an escape hatch just in case of a real emergency like say 4th Quarter of the ND game.

Reaction Score
No I wasn’t jesting. Took things a bit literal. How embarrasing

Reaction Score
I don't think Batouly is healthy. The game against Houston, she look like the knee is still bothering her. Maybe, that's why she is getting limited minutes.
And she was the one bench player who didn't get in at all vs. Tulsa, right?

Reaction Score
No I wasn’t jesting. Took things a bit literal. How embarrasing

SHIZ: no need to feel that way in my view. Tend to take things quite literally myself much of the time, and there are a bunch of witty guys on here who will take us for a ride from time to time

Reaction Score
And she was the one bench player who didn't get in at all vs. Tulsa, right?

LF: Seems that way. Wish I could offer more - I don't get it. Seems like a peach of a young woman too and "all in" for the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom