Camara Having Surgery this Week. | The Boneyard

Camara Having Surgery this Week.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tweets from Reporters covering UConn Women
Batouly Camara is undergoing knee surgery this week, Geno said. Doesnt know how long she will be out.

Geno Auriemma said Batouly Camara is having knee surgery soon and will be out an indefinite period of time. “She just physically couldn’t practice.”

Batouly Camara will be having surgery this week on her knee after aggravating it in practice. Geno doesn’t know how long she’ll be out. That means Evina Westbrook remains ineligible, UConn will be down to 9 players for the time being.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Shame. I have to think that her college career is over. Nevertheless, good luck in all of her future endeavors. She is a wonderful, committed, socially conscious young woman.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That's a shame, if she is out for the whole season, she can if she wishes to ask for a Medical waiver and play next year if approved.

Reaction Score
That's a shame, if she is out for the whole season, she can if she wishes to ask for a Medical waiver and play next year if approved.
It's probably best that she never plays again. I'm guessing Geno will say the same thing he said about Caroline.

Reaction Score
Tweets from Reporters covering UConn Women
Batouly Camara is undergoing knee surgery this week, Geno said. Doesnt know how long she will be out.
Geno Auriemma said Batouly Camara is having knee surgery soon and will be out an indefinite period of time. “She just physically couldn’t practice.”

Batouly Camara will be having surgery this week on her knee after aggravating it in practice. Geno doesn’t know how long she’ll be out. That means Evina Westbrook remains ineligible, UConn will be down to 9 players for the time being.
10 for practice, though. That is an ideal number, particularly with the five male practice players.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m so sorry we will likely never have the opportunity to see Touly at her best. The only potential upside is that maybe the bozos that run the NCAA will see fit to grant Evina’s waiver so the Huskies don’t have to face the season with only 9 active players.

Reaction Score
I’m so sorry we will likely never have the opportunity to see Touly at her best. The only potential upside is that maybe the bozos that run the NCAA will see fit to grant Evina’s waiver so the Huskies don’t have to face the season with only 9 active players.
Yes, wish NCAA can grant Evina waiver based on Touly's medical condition. Keep fingers crossed.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Carl's Tweet:

Fifth-year senior Batouly Camara will have knee surgery "tomorrow or next day" Geno said, and will miss the start of the
@UConnWBB
regular season. No timetable for how long the forward will be sidelined. Geno added: "She physically could not practice."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm good friends with a couple Bozo's and I'd like to convey their extreme displeasure at the comparison. 20 of them just rolled up in a car, so you can tell them yourself

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm good friends with a couple Bozo's and I'd like to convey their extreme displeasure at the comparison. 20 of them just rolled up in a car, so you can tell them yourself
You are correct. I probably offended clowns everywhere by comparing them to the folks that run the NCAA.

Reaction Score

Personally I hope that never crosses any of the bozos minds, and imagine it won't. With all dur respect to Geno and CD, it is the coaches jobs to recruit a suitable number of capable players so that they don't end up with just 9 players on their roster and still fewer capable players with which to pursue a national title.
Sadly tis isn't even the first time in recent history that they put the program into this predicament and had to go searching for walk-ons that could at least contribute minutes during mop up situations in order to save some wear and tear on the remaining roster of gladiators.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Even if Evina is ruled ineligible to play in games this year, she can still practice and provide the 10th player for scrimmages in practice.

Reaction Score
Personally I hope that never crosses any of the bozos minds, and imagine it won't. With all dur respect to Geno and CD, it is the coaches jobs to recruit a suitable number of capable players so that they don't end up with just 9 players on their roster and still fewer capable players with which to pursue a national title.
Sadly tis isn't even the first time in recent history that they put the program into this predicament and had to go searching for walk-ons that could at least contribute minutes during mop up situations in order to save some wear and tear on the remaining roster of gladiators.
Hard to recruit and anticipate injuries and transfers

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

lol, good one JordyG.

Reaction Score
Hard to recruit and anticipate injuries and transfers

It shouldn't be -- it happens every day, every year, every where. Plan for it and manage the risk accordingly. That's what a bench is supposed to be for.

I don't diminish Geno's accomplishments by saying this. Facts are facts. But Geno has adopted a "we only recruit the select few and play with a short bench" philosophy. That carries risks. If that is how he wants to recruit so be it. His team. But one way or another he then has to exert more control over the quasi-controllables, else he will get cut by insisting that he can live on that razor's edge. Relying upon transfers and 5th year seniors and suddenly re-discovering Europe is a self admission (IMHO) that he cut things too close again the last couple years, as does something like recruiting Piath. Good.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You are correct. I probably offended clowns everywhere by comparing them to the folks that run the NCAA.
I don't know, a lot of people find clowns very frightening and even evil. I mean NCAA, Pennywise? I can see some similarities.

Reaction Score
Yes, wish NCAA can grant Evina waiver based on Touly's medical condition. Keep fingers crossed.

There is nothing more irrelevant to her waiver request than Touly's medical condition.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is nothing more irrelevant to her waiver request than Touly's medical condition.
You would think so, but it was one hell of a coincidence when all those ND players went down with knee injuries and Shepard’s waiver request was granted on appeal at the 11th hour just before the start of the season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Hopefully, Touly will be able to get on the court some, if only a little, next semester. But it’s difficult to believe she’ll be able to get much PT. Touly appears to be both a really nice person as well as an incredibly hard worker. I feel terrible for her.

Reaction Score
Poor, poor child. Feel so sorry for her. And feel sorry for her parents.

Wish her a speedy recovery, and good health for the rest of her life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom