Cam Thomas to L$U | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cam Thomas to L$U

C

Chief00

I'm not a lawyer but from what I have read Wade has certain defenses such as he can claim that it wasn't him on the phone call, or he could claim that his "hell of an offer" had nothing to do with monetary benefits, but actually the scholarship offer itself.

It's pretty obvious Wade was made aware and encouraged the payment of these guys I just don't know if they have enough to nab him.
LSU has great academics for athletes. LOL

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Can you imagine the recruits Hurley would pull in if he said screw it and offered them a bag? lmao it's all good though I love him and everyone he's gotten so far though so no complaints

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Shaq must be behind all of this. After all, the NCAA proved a long time ago that they are not going to mess with the SHAQ!

Reaction Score
One of the things I would love to see before I die is someone accusing a third party of taking illicit payments on a bulletin board WITH ABSOLUTELY ZERO EVIDENCE OF THE SAME being successfully sued for libel.

One can hope.

As other have mentioned there is evidence. How the NCAA interprets it is a different story.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
One of the things I would love to see before I die is someone accusing a third party of taking illicit payments on a bulletin board WITH ABSOLUTELY ZERO EVIDENCE OF THE SAME being successfully sued for libel.

One can hope.
Besides, i believe in our little arena, it's a joke, a bitter joke, but a joke. It's like when Steve Spurrier called Fl State 'Free Shoes U'. It's funny and no one suggested Spurrier be prosecuted for slander or libel. Methinks you doth over whelm the situation by thine profession.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Hammer on nailhead. Because they speak uncomfortable truths. (Except for one cesspool colleague in Buffalo but that's another story.)
Not really. To me, it's because of the multitude of stores of lawyers using the letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law. I know lawyers who specialize is getting bad people free and also others who seem to delight in prosecuting innocents. And if you say this is fiction, I invite you to live my life.

You only have one cesspool colleague? How do we define colleague?

Reaction Score
Hammer on nailhead. Because they speak uncomfortable truths. (Except for one cesspool colleague in Buffalo but that's another story.)
While lawyers do often speak uncomfortable truths they also have been known to spout outrages lies.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
While lawyers do often speak uncomfortable truths they also have been known to spout outrages lies.
There's an old Dilbert where the punchline is:
It may appear to be criminal fraud but it's not, it's marketing.
To wit: A lawyer may claim to speak an uncomfortable truth, but the reality is lawyers are generally uncomfortable around the truth.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

A lot.

Most politicians are lawyers. And those guys haven't lived a day in their lives without BSing something

Reaction Score
As other have mentioned there is evidence. How the NCAA interprets it is a different story.

What am I missing? Thomas isn't even mentioned. How is that evidence Thomas did something improper?

I'm not defending Wade. That isn't my point.

Reaction Score
Besides, i believe in our little arena, it's a joke, a bitter joke, but a joke. It's like when Steve Spurrier called Fl State 'Free Shoes U'. It's funny and no one suggested Spurrier be prosecuted for slander or libel. Methinks you doth over whelm the situation by thine profession.

EXACTLY why I made my point. "it's a joke" in which you smeared the name of an 18 year old kid that you wanted to come to UConn. Ha ha ha. I'm sure he thinks it's funny.

The internet has caused people to think fairness and decency are useless values if you're posting anonymously. Forgive me if I don't totally accept that.

Reaction Score
Not really. To me, it's because of the multitude of stores of lawyers using the letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law. I know lawyers who specialize is getting bad people free and also others who seem to delight in prosecuting innocents. And if you say this is fiction, I invite you to live my life.

LOL at using the letter of the law being a bad thing. We are supposed to rely on "the letter of the law" so in most instances people can agree what it is. If we're supposed to rely on "the spirit of the law" we need to accept that our view of it won't be the same as everyone else's view.

Reaction Score
Winning will start to influence a few blue chippers to come our way. Calhoun built this program up with under the radar signings. We need players who exceed their ranking expectations. Build it and they will come~~~~~~

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
LSU, Arizona, and a few others we know are dirty but let's ignore that

Reaction Score
Not really. To me, it's because of the multitude of stores of lawyers using the letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law.

Yeah, clients generally refer to them as "good lawyers."

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
LOL at using the letter of the law being a bad thing. We are supposed to rely on "the letter of the law" so in most instances people can agree what it is. If we're supposed to rely on "the spirit of the law" we need to accept that our view of it won't be the same as everyone else's view.
I have much to say on this topic, but will end it here as it has no place on the Boneyard. My last shot and then you can fire one back and that ends it for me. Your naivete surprises me

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
EXACTLY why I made my point. "it's a joke" in which you smeared the name of an 18 year old kid that you wanted to come to UConn. Ha ha ha. I'm sure he thinks it's funny.

The internet has caused people to think fairness and decency are useless values if you're posting anonymously. Forgive me if I don't totally accept that.

Come on, counselor. You should know by now that he must have been paid - it's the only conceivable reason a recruit UConn is after wouldn't commit. That's what the middle-aged men here who have tremendous insight into the minds of high school seniors seem to think.

Reaction Score
While I’m not naming names at risk of being sued (Haha), when coaches get caught cheating and don’t get fired or even penalized by the NCAA, it is almost guaranteed those coaches will continue to cheat.

Who is more likely to quit gambling, someone that always wins or someone that always loses? Who is more likely to keep robbing banks, the guys that got away with it or the guys that did 30 years for it?

No chance some of these sketchy schools that are always in the mix for players now aren’t cheating, especially the ones that have been caught cheating and haven’t been penalized.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom