Cam Thomas to L$U | The Boneyard

Cam Thomas to L$U

Reaction Score
One of the things I would love to see before I die is someone accusing a third party of taking illicit payments on a bulletin board WITH ABSOLUTELY ZERO EVIDENCE OF THE SAME being successfully sued for libel.

One can hope.

Reaction Score
One of the things I would love to see before I die is someone accusing a third party of taking illicit payments on a bulletin board WITH ABSOLUTELY ZERO EVIDENCE OF THE SAME being successfully sued for libel.

One can hope.
Bruh Will Wade (L$U’s coach) was literally suspended last year for recruiting violations using a wiretap. They found he was offering to pay a player. This was an investigation by the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation). But I guess that’s not good enough for you.

Reaction Score

One can hope.
Many murder cases have been successfully prosecuted with no body.....it's called preponderance of evidence. If you think LSU is pulling in all of this 5-star talent legit, especially with their Coach having been TAPED offering money to players, that's your fantasy land to live in. It certainly isn't the real world.

C

Chief00

One can hope.

I agree and let’s not burn our bridges. I know it’s a Dream, as I said earlier, but who knows how things will blow up at LSU? However, as Chief pointed out - the staff already moved on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

One can hope.

You can lead a horse to water...

And you're above scenario could only occur in a totalitarian state. Could prob happen in China.

Really strange thing to hope for.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow and some people wonder why lawyers are largely despised.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
On a side note - Isaiah Jackson committed to Kentucky, does this put us in better position for Cliff, now that he finally see's the writing on the wall? Or with the signing of Javonte Brown Ferguson is he no longer in the fold?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is nothing going to happen to Wade and LSU? I mean, this is unreal.
Nope! But hey, they got those dirty rotten cheaters at Georgia Tech! Wendell Carter's stats are stricken from GT's record books! The $2000 strip club and shoes corruption epidemic is now over. College basketball is officially clean! Ladies and Gentlemen, we got em.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Imagine picking LSU over UCLA for anything other than money.

I would. I couldn't live in Los Angeles. Not sure Baton Rouge would be the choice either though.

As for BL's point, we do tend to overdo it a bit with the allegations. We have no evidence of any wrongdoing in this particular case. However, I find it odd that LSU is suddenly landing very highly rated basketball recruits when they have no history since the Dale Brown era.

Reaction Score
being recorded discussing "one hell of an offer" to a recruit isnt evidence? unless the recruits scholarship offer was accompanied by a handwritten and scented note from will wade, what else could have made it so amazing?

Reaction Score
The fact that LSU, Kansas, Louisville and Zona are still landing elite recruits tells us all we need to know about the future of the NCAA
Bingo. "Move along folks, nothing to see here."

Reaction Score
I would. I couldn't live in Los Angeles. Not sure Baton Rouge would be the choice either though.

As for BL's point, we do tend to overdo it a bit with the allegations. We have no evidence of any wrongdoing in this particular case. However, I find it odd that LSU is suddenly landing very highly rated basketball recruits when they have no history since the Dale Brown era.

I fully agree with that post. Plenty of reason to accuse Wade of cheating. But just because a coach has a record of cheating is not enough to accuse a player of cheating because he signs with that school. Fair is fair. Even on the internet.

Reaction Score
being recorded discussing "one hell of an offer" to a recruit isnt evidence? or was the scholarship simply accompanied by a handwritten and scented note from will wade?
It certainly isn't to the NCAA

Reaction Score
being recorded discussing "one hell of an offer" to a recruit isnt evidence?
I'm not a lawyer but from what I have read Wade has certain defenses such as he can claim that it wasn't him on the phone call, or he could claim that his "hell of an offer" had nothing to do with monetary benefits, but actually the scholarship offer itself.

It's pretty obvious Wade was made aware and encouraged the payment of these guys I just don't know if they have enough to nab him.

Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious Wade was made aware and encouraged the payment of these guys

but that should be enough to get penalized from the NCAA for "fostering an atmosphere of noncompliance" or whatever the term of art is.

Reaction Score
but that should be enough to get penalized from the NCAA for "fostering an atmosphere of noncompliance" or whatever the term of art is.
Maybe true but unlike us or ga tech, LSU would deny and fight it like Kansas and Arizona. NCAA probably is thinking there are bigger fish to fry...or the ncaa just doesn't GAF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom