Cam’s petition for an extra year eligibility denied by NCAA | The Boneyard

Cam’s petition for an extra year eligibility denied by NCAA

Reaction Score
I don’t really see why he would get an extra year given how things happened? But worth a shot I guess lol. Enjoy him while we have him folks, as few as 4 and as many as 11 games left!

Reaction Score
Have Danny find the next mid-major senior who's looking to transfer that can knock down threes let him go try to play in Europe. The extracurricular stuff is kinda of nauseating lets play basketball not run your mouth at any opponent who will engage and he gets cooked on defense most games

Reaction Score
Have Danny find the next mid-major senior who's looking to transfer that can knock down threes let him go try to play in Europe. The extracurricular stuff is kinda of nauseating lets play basketball not run your mouth at any opponent who will engage and he gets cooked on defense most games
You win the award for most awful post of the year, congrats!

Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
This shouldn't come as a surprise. It was a weak case.
Wait -- because he only played a few games in 2020-21, and then the NCAA said that season wouldn't count towards one's four years of eligibility, he wanted TWO extra years? Even for a lawyer, whomever floated that as an idea was being absurd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Somebody has the Monday Blues....it's ok little fella turn that frown around.

a
monday2.jpg

Reaction Score
Damn. We might never have a player like cam for a long long time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't think there was ever a great shot but I can see the case. He played during that "free covid" year and they're counting it even though he didn't get to play. There are plenty of players who have played 5 full seasons counting the covid year and he did not get the chance to. I'm not surprised they rejected him but if he really wanted to push hard I wouldn't be shocked if they granted it to him.

Reaction Score
Most fans love him for his spirit and it probably has a lot to do with what drives his performance. The guy literally pulled a Willis Reed in a day and age where the speed of the game doesn't permit it.

Reaction Score
GIF by NETFLIX

Reaction Score
I don't think there was ever a great shot but I can see the case. He played during that "free covid" year and they're counting it even though he didn't get to play. There are plenty of players who have played 5 full seasons counting the covid year and he did not get the chance to. I'm not surprised they rejected him but if he really wanted to push hard I wouldn't be shocked if they granted it to him.
They're not counting the Covid year, that's why he's eligible and playing at UConn this year. This request was asking them to not count that year two times, which was never going to happen

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They're not counting the Covid year, that's why he's eligible and playing at UConn this year. This request was asking them to not count that year two times, which was never going to happen

I get why it was rejected; I'm just saying he still lost out on a year. Many of his peers got to play five full seasons and he only got four.

I wasn't expecting that argument to work but I certainly see the logic behind it.

Reaction Score
Fire Hurley. He should've had him here last year instead of Alleyne. /s

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
You sound like you've got the vapors; are you alright?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wait -- because he only played a few games in 2020-21, and then the NCAA said that season wouldn't count towards one's four years of eligibility, he wanted TWO extra years? Even for a lawyer, whomever floated that as an idea was being absurd.
I fully understand what you are saying and in all candor I have no problem with the ruling.

I am however very curious as to how Alexis Yetna is still playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom