Calm Down | The Boneyard

Calm Down

Reaction Score
If you cannot see this team turning into a very good program that is going to put UConn men's basketball back on top you must be blind! Please understand that Jalen and Terry are not the future, they should be playing for the next level. The rest of the team and the new recruits coming in are going to build the foundation just like Calhoun did many, many years ago. A bunch of solid players with some 5 & 4 stars guys (Ray Allen, Scott Burrell, Donyell, Rudy Gay, and some others) thrown in. I like what I see from these young guys (Polley, Carlton, Diarra, & Gilbert) they will be around to be Jr & SR which will be good for this program. I like what I see in this team because I see the future! I know a lot of people on here have a different opinion than mine and that's ok. I'm coming down from Boston to be at the Monmouth game tomorrow, sitting in the Monmouth section because my good friend is a coach for Monmouth but I still root for UConn! LOL! Oh yeah I will be at the UConn women's game Sunday.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you cannot see this team turning into a very good program that is going to put UConn men's basketball back on top you must be blind! Please understand that Jalen and Terry is not the future, they should be playing for the next level. The rest of the team and the new recruits coming in is going to build the foundation just like Calhoun did many, many years ago. A bunch of solid players with some 5 & 4 stars guys (Ray Allen, Scott Burrell, Donyell, Rudy Gay, and some others) thrown in. I like what I see from these young guys (Polley, Carlton, Diarra, & Gilbert) they will be around to Jr & SR which will be good for this program. I like what I see in this team because I see the future! I know a lot of people on here have a different opinion than mine and that's ok. I'm coming down from Boston to be at the Monmouth game tomorrow sitting in the Monmouth section because my good friend is a coach for Monmouth but I still root for UConn! LOL! Oh yeah I will be at the UConn women's game Sunday.

Enjoy the games.

Reaction Score
If you cannot see this team turning into a very good program that is going to put UConn men's basketball back on top you must be blind! Please understand that Jalen and Terry is not the future, they should be playing for the next level. The rest of the team and the new recruits coming in is going to build the foundation just like Calhoun did many, many years ago. A bunch of solid players with some 5 & 4 stars guys (Ray Allen, Scott Burrell, Donyell, Rudy Gay, and some others) thrown in. I like what I see from these young guys (Polley, Carlton, Diarra, & Gilbert) they will be around to Jr & SR which will be good for this program. I like what I see in this team because I see the future! I know a lot of people on here have a different opinion than mine and that's ok. I'm coming down from Boston to be at the Monmouth game tomorrow sitting in the Monmouth section because my good friend is a coach for Monmouth but I still root for UConn! LOL! Oh yeah I will be at the UConn women's game Sunday.
Sleep it off, buddy.

Reaction Score
I like what you have to say and I really hope that you are correct. Unfortunately, you will be sitting in the right section for the Monmouth game. I expect that Monmouth will have little trouble with Uconn. They are a talented, veteran team that plays well together. Uconn is not there yet. Nevertheless, if Uconn can get and stay healthy, they could be a pretty good team by mid-February.

Reaction Score
Yes, I did write this post after a drink and seconds before I was going to bed so it was rushed a little. LOL!! I hope they give Ollie a chance to build this program because after the 2019 season, he will be able to say "I told you so". I know we are "win now" fan base but, if they hired a new coach that would be the process anyway.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this team looks very similar to the last few years. I see Monmouth being up double digits at some point. UConn may pull off a win, but the pattern is disturbing. I will admit that I will only check in on the game periodically. I am rooting for KO and the team. I just don't realistically (or even best case scenario) see it like you do.

pj

Reaction Score
I think a major issue is that the team hasn't been fun for fans to watch, and we assume that translates into it not being fun for the players to play. The transfers seemed to bear that out.

If KO can bring this team together and generate a lively style of play that is enjoyable to watch and play, develop the players and the team, and win a few games. the OP will be proven right. I hope so.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Enjoy the weekend Bigflip12, and know there are plenty of people who think like you.

PS: and ignore the detractors, they'll jump back on the bandwagon before too long

either that or they'll disappear

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom