Calm before the storm for new UConn coach (J. Fuller) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calm before the storm for new UConn coach (J. Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I eagerly await seeing the results of these changes. I understand how bad it was, but agree that it is time for HCBD to stop talking about the past, and say more about what he is doing. I like what he's doing. Now it needs to pay dividends.

I think that as long as he keeps the discussion to S & C, he's fine. Every Coach I ever had used S & C as his "go-to" fault. Think about it. How many times were you on a team that left practice feeling good about itself, after making it through 10-hundreds (sprints), only to return the next day as the same old slovenly, out-of-shape miscreants. Remember, he was very complimentary about the players response to the increased S & C standards; even noting significant improvements in strength and body composition.

It's not like he's referenced/used information or input from the BY to condemn the last administration. He's just keeping the S & C pressure turned up, hoping to reduce the impact of three weeks of beer,tacos and chasing the opposite sex.

Reaction Score
Hearing this stuff makes me ill... You look at the insane physical specimens that Edsall put out... combine freaks... how far it's fallen in 3 years. Go back and look at a guy like Julius Williams.. let alone the guys that were drafted high. Our conditioning program was obviously working.
Just watching them at ND and you knew who was the much more physical team. Yep, we slipped big-time, and it wasn't all that long ago.

Reaction Score
Just watching them at ND and you knew who was the much more physical team. Yep, we slipped big-time, and it wasn't all that long ago.
Same against South Carolina. We pushed them all over the place.

Reaction Score
All I know, is that if I was on this team, I'd be doing everything I can to prepare as an individual and as part of the team to stop people from writing the stuff and saying the stuff that's in this discussion, and instead be looking forward to how we are going to steamroll our upcoming opponents, rather than long for the legacy of players and coaches long gone.

Reaction Score
Watching the draft and the UMD corner who had a pick 6 against that was highlight. My lord, we looked like the 11 stooges trying to run him down.

Reaction Score
Watching the draft and the UMD corner who had a pick 6 against that was highlight. My lord, we looked like the 11 stooges trying to run him down.

Wasn't the only draft pick last weekend that had film of us making them look good. There is plenty of UCONN film in the recent past to put up that does two things well, one is to make highlight reels for opponents, and the other is to see what bad football looks like. Ugg. Makes me not feel good. I hope the players and coaches that can change it, have the same kind of desire and sickness with it all, that we all diehards have with it - to make it change.

I really, really, really hope that the 2014 huskies - returning players and returning coach (singular) as well as new players and new coaches - have a huge chip on their shoulder to turn that all around, and return this program to the point where we go into SEC territory and spank an SEC program so hard, that we are kneeling on the ball at THEIR 4 yard line to end the game.

That chip hopefully has been already growing and being worked on EFFECTIVELY worked on, for several months and counting now.

It's real good, I think, that Diaco has opened the channels and worked to get the current players in touch and cognizant of their recent alumni bros, and what they did wearing UCONN uniforms in the not too distant past.

These guys going out in the fall, need to be wearing the same shirts (literally if need be) but definitely figuratively in how they play..... that the bball team wore in March.

UCONN PRIDE

I like reading Fuller's stuff.

I really do hope, that we are in the calm before the storm right now. A storm that involves UCONN football kicking the crap out of some opponents this year - getting BACK to kicking the crap out of our opponents this year.

Reaction Score
I am enthralled w/HCBD. His energy, enthusiasm, and openness are just what this program needs. I have very hogh hopes for the future. Having said that, I wish he would stop talking about the past. It is what it is. Everyone with 2 eyes could see the deterioration. It's time to focus on the future. The former regime is gone, a new staff is directing a new team, a class had graduated and 20 new kids are soon arriving, there is even new paint on the walls and healthy snacks. Focusing on the past at this point does nothing for me except leaving me feeling he is lowering our expectations.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I am enthralled w/HCBD. His energy, enthusiasm, and openness are just what this program needs. I have very hogh hopes for the future. Having said that, I wish he would stop talking about the past. It is what it is. Everyone with 2 eyes could see the deterioration. It's time to focus on the future. The former regime is gone, a new staff is directing a new team, a class had graduated and 20 new kids are soon arriving, there is even new paint on the walls and healthy snacks. Focusing on the past at this point does nothing for me except leaving me feeling he is lowering our expectations.
While we read his messages, maybe they are not just for us.

If his message to the team is the same in private, and then to us in public, it gains him credibility. When he applies it there is no surprise.

My take is that he wants these guys to know that it's past, and his next messages to them will focus on growth and the details around growth.

Reaction Score

I'm surprised Dez likes the honesty. My memory is that he wasn't big on honesty when it came to evaluating the former regime.

Of course it wasn't surprising to anyone who watched. UConn routinely gave up leads and than fell apart late in games, Vanderbilt, Iowa State, Michigan just to name a few. After a few sequences it was very apparent that 1-AA Towson was the tougher more physical team.

Reaction Score
While we read his messages, maybe they are not just for us.

If his message to the team is the same in private, and then to us in public, it gains him credibility. When he applies it there is no surprise.

My take is that he wants these guys to know that it's past, and his next messages to them will focus on growth and the details around growth.
I was thinking the Connecticut High School Football Coaches Association too.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Dez likes the honesty. My memory is that he wasn't big on honesty when it came to evaluating the former regime.

Of course it wasn't surprising to anyone who watched. UConn routinely gave up leads and than fell apart late in games, Vanderbilt, Iowa State, Michigan just to name a few. After a few sequences it was very apparent that 1-AA Towson was the tougher more physical team.

Honestly, he is a puzzling guy, Dez. He was a big fan of prior regime and pumped up program while they were here, now we are supposed to like Diaco's refreshing honesty? I do; I REALLY do. But where was the honesty from a media writer - where were the heard questions, the "this team has no heart" or "is out of shape" observations - 9, 12, 24 months ago. He can come across like the left field flag pole at Wrigley.

Oh well, as i said earlier this looking back is growing old w/me and I simply want to focus on the future. I think HCBD has been just great so far in raising the bar, the profile, the curtain. I just find little positive value in driving down the highway and looking in the rearview mirror.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Boy, I hope this works and I hope he stays after it works.

Guy talks football like Ed Gennaro played football...he talks like a rampaging beast.
If you rip off you jacket and scare some kid, I will run through a wall.

Call me 'manumana the slender', runt of the litter...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
imagesCAWERZS8.jpg

'sup, you want some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics