CALLING PLAYERS NAMES, FLOUTING THE RULES | The Boneyard

CALLING PLAYERS NAMES, FLOUTING THE RULES

Reaction Score
I think no one watching on television (me included) knows what really happened-- and Ogunbowale has always been a class act. I, for one, hold no animosity towards her. (On the other hand, I'm never unhappy when Mabrey is left sitting on her butt.)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There is NO PLACE ON THE BONEYARD for those who cannot treat all these young women with respect. None. Zero. Name calling, derogatory epithets, and speculating on certain behaviors is out of line. Why does Nan have to say this a couple of times a year?

Reaction Score
We don't see those posts because they are removed, as they should be. That said, there is plenty of reason for viewers to be outraged by Arike's display of whatever you want to call it. Here is what we know. Not what we think, not what we surmise, but what we know.
1. As the refs were talking with Geno, she said something -- who knows what -- that the refs heard and gave her a T.
2. She made contact with Crystal. My recollection is Crystal fell to the court, but I may be mistaken. In any case, no foul was called.
3. One or two more times down the court and she bopped Crystal again, which caused the flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct foul.
4. After the game, she said that Geno baited her into saying what she said and getting the technical.

I'm, not going to call her names, nor would I generalize her behavior out to other ND players, which seems unfair to me. That said, the two plays at the end of the game were dirty and showed a real lack of control on her part.

With all due respect to a previous poster, Nan has to remind people because they are human, are emotional, and see things that get them upset. People will, on occasion, say things they shouldn't. Their posts should be removed, and if they refuse to change, they should be banned. That is what moderators do. We have good ones who know what to do. I;'m sure they would prefer that these issues not come up, but, human nature being what it is, these issues will come up, and that's what moderators do. They moderate, and we all benefit from it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A reminder.

The thread on the technical foul is closed because people who are old enough to know better are acting like pre-teens. Threads that get too high maintenance will always get locked.

Criticize the action, not the person. You don't know the person. How would you like to be judged as a human being for your actions on a day when you embarrassed yourself?

Reaction Score
One of my favorite quotes from Steel Magnolia's... "If you do not have something nice to say, come sit by me" - Ms. Claire.... ;)

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." -Wayne Dyer

OUCH!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
On one (one of many) day(s) you embarrassed yourself as a 20 year old.

Reaction Score
It was a joke. Seriously, did you just judge me?
Nooo! It was intended as an addendum to your post ...not a critique. My bad for not communicating properly.

And, I commend you for your inquiry and continued communication rather than just letting it go and causing a rift.

I should know better. I just didn't bring my A game ...and it got me into hot water. I wonder if anyone else feels the same this morning? :rolleyes:

Sincere apologies.

Reaction Score
I will begin handing out temporary bans to people who persist in flouting the rules

What's wrong with fluting the rules??
I think we could always use more musical accompaniment on this board!

Reaction Score
What can we call Grayson Allen and alike here on this board? can we call his name?

Reaction Score
One of my favorite quotes from Steel Magnolia's... "If you do not have something nice to say, come sit by me" - Ms. Claire.... ;)

I believe in her mature years Alice Roosevelt Longworth had a similar comment embroidered
on a sofa pillow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom