calling all the recruit guys on here and regs! | The Boneyard

calling all the recruit guys on here and regs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lets talk recruiting at this time of crisis:)

i have fallen a bit out of the loop the past couple weeks, but i just read the threads here and see different stuff. sometimes were leading for guys other times they drop us from the list etc. all good. husky99 and chev among others, all the constant info on guys from zags/twater is great. i'm going to setup a twitter soon and get involved for kicks. anyway. i am going to do another post soon about expectations coming up for the season etc, i have yet to see a season preview post from dogmania who i always love reading, maybe i missed it or something, if not, come on dog get going !!! lol

but i am really confused as to whats going on with us ight now recruit wise with us. i hope you guys make some sense out of all this for me. seems like were missing something or the staff knows something very interesting that we don't. lets take a look.

2011-12
1-dd(fresh)
2-ad(fresh)
3-boat(fresh)
4-bazz(soph)
5-lamb(soph)
6-gif(soph)
7-scoe(soph)
8-oface(soph)
9-wolf(soph)
10-ao(jr)
11-ncaa(year 2 of 3)
12-apr
13-apr
14-brad(fresh bball wise, soph school wise/not on ship this year)

it seems like we are hitting the recuit trail real hard, but where is the room the next year? there seems to be a million questions. will ad go pro(1 and done)? what about a lockout ending with a 2 year rule? does lamb leave after this year? omar comin'! seems like we were pimping wolf out, is he gone next year(hate to speculate but lets be real)? dd has 2 and done dreams. next year looks like this right now.

2012-13
1-omar(fresh
2-dd(soph)
3-ad(soph)
4-boat(soph)
5-brad(soph, back on ship)
6-bazz(jr)
7-lamb(jr)
8-gif(jr)
9-scoe(jr)
10-oface(jr)
11-wolf(jr)
12-ao(sr)
13-ncaa(year 3 of 3)

we have a full roster there, and thats with us getting both apr ships back. see ark last year, its possible, but more likely we get 1 of 2 back. ok then, so one of those guys leaves/go pro. thats seems likeable between ad/lamb etc. but still thats a full roster with a apr ship. if we have 2 apr ships again then 2 have to go without any one else coming in. so i'm lost! how are we active recruit wise with nothing available? are we saving face in the recruit world just to stay revelant and show our name brand to everyone? seems possible. then 2013-14 gets more interesting with several local talents being top notch(kuran/noel etc). so my question is, what the heck is going on?????? some 1 ?

also what are our top targets for 2012 and 13. we seem to be high on bennett and noel among others. i think our targets will be a combo guard/a big and a wing, but where is the room right now? seems like 2013 could be a big year with the ncaa and apr ships def coming back. seems like 2012 is all speculating and were playing with no room...

Reaction Score
Our top 2012 targets are:
SG-Rodney Purvis
PF- Anthony Bennett and Jarnell Stokes

I think we got a good chance with any of these three. we've been rummored to be the leader for Bennett but who knows. My dream class would be Purvis and Bennett to come with Omar. And in terms of scholarships, they will always be available for elite talent.

Reaction Score
Bennett and Purvis would make the 2012 recruit class just as good as 2011's. Yeah, i said it.

Reaction Score
Dont think we have a good chance with Jarnell Stokes.

Purvis and Bennett are our main targets. Chris Obekpa is a kid too look out for too. And keep an eye on what Noel does

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so you guys think were going to have room for more? how? it seems like several things have to happen first.
-apr fate?
-who goes pro?
-who transfers or leaves?
-if a sg commits, what makes you think omar stays?
-then how come we eased off dunn as a combo guard which is what we need?
-noel could pull a ad?
and so on...

Reaction Score
There's no reason to speculate Omar de-comitting regardless of who we add on.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We NEED a big. AD is gone no matter what, based on upside alone he's a top 3 pick and AO is likely gone as well.

I would love to land Bennett he has more offensive moves than our bigs now combined. Whats our plan B tho?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We NEED a big. AD is gone no matter what, based on upside alone he's a top 3 pick and AO is likely gone as well.

I would love to land Bennett he has more offensive moves than our bigs now combined. Whats our plan B tho?

thats the thing tho, one of the sticky issues with the lockout is that they might place a 2 year college rule into the new agreement. then ad would be here for a 2nd year.
i thought ao might make a huge leap in his game and be a possible draft jumper, but with ad his stats may not get him there this year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There's no reason to speculate Omar de-comitting regardless of who we add on.
playing time? what does lamb do? we have gif/dd who will get small amount of minute sat the 2 most likely. getting 2 pure sg's won't go over well imo. remember how we got boat? i like omar and can't wait for him to get here like everyone else. but if were recruiting that sg real hard like you guys say, i just don't see it going over well.....

Reaction Score
Bennett and Purvis would make the 2012 recruit class just as good as 2011's. Yeah, i said it.

BOLD statement....not sure I agree, but would be dam good.:)

Reaction Score
With how close Lamb came to leaving after his freshman year, I don't think there is any chance he stays for his junior year.

Reaction Score
lets talk recruiting at this time of crisis:)

i have fallen a bit out of the loop the past couple weeks, but i just read the threads here and see different stuff. sometimes were leading for guys other times they drop us from the list etc. all good. husky99 and chev among others, all the constant info on guys from zags/twater is great. i'm going to setup a twitter soon and get involved for kicks. anyway. i am going to do another post soon about expectations coming up for the season etc, i have yet to see a season preview post from dogmania who i always love reading, maybe i missed it or something, if not, come on dog get going !!! lol

but i am really confused as to whats going on with us ight now recruit wise with us. i hope you guys make some sense out of all this for me. seems like were missing something or the staff knows something very interesting that we don't. lets take a look.

2011-12
1-dd(fresh)
2-ad(fresh)
3-boat(fresh)
4-bazz(soph)
5-lamb(soph)
6-gif(soph)
7-scoe(soph)
8-oface(soph)
9-wolf(soph)
10-ao(jr)
11-ncaa(year 2 of 3)
12-apr
13-apr
14-brad(fresh bball wise, soph school wise/not on ship this year)

it seems like we are hitting the recuit trail real hard, but where is the room the next year? there seems to be a million questions. will ad go pro(1 and done)? what about a lockout ending with a 2 year rule? does lamb leave after this year? omar comin'! seems like we were pimping wolf out, is he gone next year(hate to speculate but lets be real)? dd has 2 and done dreams. next year looks like this right now.

2012-13
1-omar(fresh
2-dd(soph)
3-ad(soph)
4-boat(soph)
5-brad(soph, back on ship)
6-bazz(jr)
7-lamb(jr)
8-gif(jr)
9-scoe(jr)
10-oface(jr)
11-wolf(jr)
12-ao(sr)
13-ncaa(year 3 of 3)

we have a full roster there, and thats with us getting both apr ships back. see ark last year, its possible, but more likely we get 1 of 2 back. ok then, so one of those guys leaves/go pro. thats seems likeable between ad/lamb etc. but still thats a full roster with a apr ship. if we have 2 apr ships again then 2 have to go without any one else coming in. so i'm lost! how are we active recruit wise with nothing available? are we saving face in the recruit world just to stay revelant and show our name brand to everyone? seems possible. then 2013-14 gets more interesting with several local talents being top notch(kuran/noel etc). so my question is, what the heck is going on?????? some 1 ?

also what are our top targets for 2012 and 13. we seem to be high on bennett and noel among others. i think our targets will be a combo guard/a big and a wing, but where is the room right now? seems like 2013 could be a big year with the ncaa and apr ships def coming back. seems like 2012 is all speculating and were playing with no room...

Reaction Score
Seems to me as though you are doing the speculating. Its exceedingly difficult to chart out future performance by any team when you are dealing with 12 different and diverse personalities, not to mention possible unplanned happenings such as injuries, failing classroom work and simple poor basketball performance. We have experienced examples of all of these maladies in previous seasons.

I like this planning and worrying to be assumed and taken care of by the UConn staff. I'm sure they each have the requisite experience and forethought to be on top of the various scenarios you propose, and the ability to prepare and provide for many of the unseen happenings. Don't worry!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
so you guys think were going to have room for more? how? it seems like several things have to happen first.
-apr fate?
-who goes pro?
-who transfers or leaves?
-if a sg commits, what makes you think omar stays?
-then how come we eased off dunn as a combo guard which is what we need?
-noel could pull a ad?
and so on...
The apr will take care of itself. The NCAA will go away with the realignment and every program will be allowed to cheat. Calipari will no longer have an advantage and players will finally get a piece of the action.

Reaction Score
I assume the staff is predicting the departure of Drummond, and Lamb and possibly even AO after this season. No Way do I see Lamb and Drummond coming back. Drummond for sure, the only way Lamb comes back next year is if he falls flat on his face this season. But who sees that happening? So we'll Need Purvis for sure to give us 4 guards. And Hopefully Bennett to give us another Jeff Adrien type guy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I assume the staff is predicting the departure of Drummond, and Lamb and possibly even AO after this season. No Way do I see Lamb and Drummond coming back. Drummond for sure, the only way Lamb comes back next year is if he falls flat on his face this season. But who sees that happening? So we'll Need Purvis for sure to give us 4 guards. And Hopefully Bennett to give us another Jeff Adrien type guy.
Until the NBA resolves its issues there is no way of knowing how many years kids will be required to play post high school. I'm hoping Lamb and Alex have the kind of season that has JC say they are ready to move on and I'm hoping for one scholarship for APR improvement. But no way of knowing that now.

C

Chief00

I think some are making a mistake assuming AD will automatically be gone next season. Sure he would be a top 3 pick and I would think he would leave but its not in the done deal column.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think some are making a mistake assuming AD will automatically be gone next season. Sure he would be a top 3 pick and I would think he would leave but its not in the done deal column.

Chief, I agree with you.....no one knows what AD will do, probably including him. With the uncertainty of the NBA and the uncertainty of how much a hurry he will be in, it's just people projecting what they would do onto someone else. He may well go, but maybe not.

Reaction Score
Weird scenario but, what if the NBA lockout results in no BB for the season? I know that this is far-fetched, and unrealistic. But what if..? Does the NBA even have a draft for 2012 since the class of '11 never played? Or with a shortened season of say 40+ games, does that effect the 2012 draft? It's Friday and I'm bored- cut me slack.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom