Call Your Friends and Call Upon Yourself | The Boneyard

Call Your Friends and Call Upon Yourself

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I just watched the media day interviews. We are so very fortunate to have such a great group of young ladies on the team we root for. One consistent sentiment among everyone interviewed was the desire to play in front of large crowds and experience the thrill of screaming fans. They really, really, really (nod to Geno) appreciate us. Wouldn't it be great if we could get the attendance up this year and have Storrs and Hartford rocking for every home game? I know it's not always easy. We're season ticket holders at Gampel and XL and there are some weekdays when I don't feel like schlepping over an hour across the state after a crappy day at work for a Gampel game. And there are games when I miss the first few minutes. But once I'm there, I'm damn happy I made the trip. I feel so much more a part of the experience. There is something to be said for seeing the game develop across the entire court. And there's nothing like watching an amazing play and then being part of the erupting tsunami of applause and cheering. How about everybody tries to go to a couple of games this year – even if you don't normally make the trip? It's not as comfortable as our recliners, but it's comforting inside your heart. You don't need to go to every game. You don't even need to go to the "big" games. In fact, it's a lot easier to get in and out of Storrs for a mediocre opponent than for the Flopping Irish. Wait, aren't they a mediocre opponent now, too? Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it. Maybe try one game. And maybe bring it up with your friends and encourage them to check out a game. Or maybe buy people tickets for Holiday gifts. I understand that some of us may have situations that make it impossible to attend. We each have our own lives to deal with and we can't do the impossible. But after seeing the look on Nika's face when she talked about the crowds, I thought I would start a thread asking everyone who can attend a game to give it a try. Hope to see you there. I'll be easy to spot – I'm the old, bald guy. Go Huskies!

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I just watched the media day interviews. We are so very fortunate to have such a great group of young ladies on the team we root for. One consistent sentiment among everyone interviewed was the desire to play in front of large crowds and experience the thrill of screaming fans. They really, really, really (nod to Geno) appreciate us. Wouldn't it be great if we could get the attendance up this year and have Storrs and Hartford rocking for every home game? I know it's not always easy. We're season ticket holders at Gampel and XL and there are some weekdays when I don't feel like schlepping over an hour across the state after a crappy day at work for a Gampel game. And there are games when I miss the first few minutes. But once I'm there, I'm damn happy I made the trip. I feel so much more a part of the experience. There is something to be said for seeing the game develop across the entire court. And there's nothing like watching an amazing play and then being part of the erupting tsunami of applause and cheering. How about everybody tries to go to a couple of games this year – even if you don't normally make the trip? It's not as comfortable as our recliners, but it's comforting inside your heart. You don't need to go to every game. You don't even need to go to the "big" games. In fact, it's a lot easier to get in and out of Storrs for a mediocre opponent than for the Flopping Irish. Wait, aren't they a mediocre opponent now, too? Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it. Maybe try one game. And maybe bring it up with your friends and encourage them to check out a game. Or maybe buy people tickets for Holiday gifts. I understand that some of us may have situations that make it impossible to attend. We each have our own lives to deal with and we can't do the impossible. But after seeing the look on Nika's face when she talked about the crowds, I thought I would start a thread asking everyone who can attend a game to give it a try. Hope to see you there. I'll be easy to spot – I'm the old, bald guy. Go Huskies!
Does anyone come through Birmingham, Al on their way to the games? I will hitch a ride if so .

Reaction Score
I will definitely try. I am from North Jersey so I am going to the away Seton Hall game and then the UCLA game since both are only 25 minutes away. I would love to get to Storrs this year. You are right about Gampel. It's a great experience. I just wish I were closer but I will try to do my share. I have a feeling they are going to really have great attendance this year. This team can be the women's version of Showtime in L.A. with Magic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom