Call Me Insane, But... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Call Me Insane, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Samuel and Nolan had probably their best offensive games of the year, I'm not sure where that was the rest of the year. Samuel may just have been Boat watching. Nolan, I have no clue.

If either can give even half of the production next year, it would be fantastic.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
TSam needs to be awake next time Ollie has the team practice a 2-3 zone. Granted, one play is a small bone to pick and KO only called the zone for one play, but TSam was out of position, giving up a lane that lead to the dagger bucket.

I can see TSam as an instant energy guy off the bench. But not much more than that.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with having a frosh be the main ball handler and figuring out how to get more from AB, who's future is suddenly looking more Soulaymaine Wane than Thabeet.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I didn't think Samuel was horrendous this game (aside from that one charge). 6 assists and 2 TOs against a P5 team show me that he can at the least be a solid backup on next year's team.

I recognize that half of this board wants to kick him off the team, but I don't think he deserves that. No he should never get as many minutes again as long as JA is on the team, but I didn't see him do anything egregiously bad.

If your girlfriend told you this after the first time you did the dirty, would you get a second date: "I didn't think you were horrendous.
I think someday you can be a solid back up. I mean, honey, you didn't do anything egregiously bad"

Get the point here.

Your girlfriend is going to find a stud. And we need to do the same thing.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Dan Guest got playing time yesterday people. Think about it. It wasn't " senior day" , it was a NIT game. He wasn't supposed to see the floor. We need help at the pg spot next year . Period.

caw

Reaction Score
TSam needs to be awake next time Ollie has the team practice a 2-3 zone. Granted, one play is a small bone to pick and KO only called the zone for one play, but TSam was out of position, giving up a lane that lead to the dagger bucket.

I can see TSam as an instant energy guy off the bench. But not much more than that.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with having a frosh be the main ball handler and figuring out how to get more from AB, who's future is suddenly looking more Soulaymaine Wane than Thabeet.

Wane? Wt serious F.

I like Wane but come on. Brimah scored almost as many points this year as Wane did in 4 years. Wane had 111 blocks in 4 years, Brimah had 121 this year. Wane was probably a better rebounder but that's it, and I'm not even sold on that except Wanes senior year.

Reaction Score
These guys have to learn how to shoot, the "shooter" gene is something that is astounding to me. I find it completely insane that the great shooters arent simply the guys who spend the most time honing their craft and just jacking up hundreds of 3's a day in practice.

In the off season, I want Purvis to please take a break from the weights and just get your shooting stroke down, Samuel too. They are strong enough for the college game, but they aren't consistent enough shooters. Omar/DHam, they can hit the weights some, but you have to get shots up every day, you see regular people you play basketball with who jack up their arms lose all shooting ability. For that reason I blame some of Purvis' inconsistent shooting on his weight regimen, even though I have no idea if it's to blame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom