*Call for ballots*: Boneyard Top 25 preseason poll is open | The Boneyard

*Call for ballots*: Boneyard Top 25 preseason poll is open

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's that time again. The Boneyard Top 25 poll (BY25) is back.

Voting is now open for the 2021-2022 BY25 preseason poll. Ballots are due to me, via private message, by 11:00 a.m. ET on Monday, Nov. 8. (If you don't know how to send a PM, let me know in this thread and I will PM you first.)

1606063305156.png

A few rules and tips:
  • Everyone, regardless of team loyalty, is equally welcome and encouraged to submit a ballot. The sole prerequisite is to have a Boneyard account. The more balanced and diverse the electorate, the better the poll.
  • Full ballots (of 25 teams) are encouraged; short ballots (of at least 10 teams) are accepted.
  • No ties are allowed on a ballot. Each team on the ballot must be assigned a unique ranking.
  • Double-check your ballot to ensure: (a) no team is listed more than once, and (b) you’ve correctly named each team (e.g., not confusing “Iowa” and “Iowa State”).
For reference, the final BY25 poll from March 25, 2021, may be found here.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Been waiting for this. Hopefully some mid majors get some respeck this year... Even some low mid majors.

Reaction Score
I managed to get 7 mid-majors into my poll, but the Boneyard filters are deeming that my poll is spam so Plebe doesn't get to see the delights of the hard work I've put into it. EDIT: I figured out the workaround. Silly me.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Quite a few people were raring to go with the preseason poll. Early voter turnout has been solid, with 14 ballots submitted thus far.

For those still working on their ballots, just a reminder that they're due in 3 days from now: on Monday, Nov. 8, at 11 a.m. Eastern time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Quite a few people were raring to go with the preseason poll. Early voter turnout has been solid, with 14 ballots submitted thus far.

For those still working on their ballots, just a reminder that they're due in 3 days from now: on Monday, Nov. 8, at 11 a.m. Eastern time.
Only 14? Come on BY'ers - 99% of the folks on here have strong opinions about everything basketball related. Get @Plebe your ballots. Send him a PM! I swear folks on here are more knowledgeable than the national voters, even more knowledgeable about WCBB than most of the ESPN "experts"!!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Only 14? Come on BY'ers - 99% of the folks on here have strong opinions about everything basketball related. Get @Plebe your ballots. Send him a PM! I swear folks on here are more knowledgeable than the national voters, even more knowledgeable about WCBB than most of the ESPN "experts"!!
Some voters seem to have held out their ballots until the exhibition games play out.

Reminder: Ballots are due in a little more than 24 hours, at 11:00 a.m. ET Monday.

Reaction Score
Wanted to hold off sending my Poll to you until after this game primarily to find out who the starting 5 will be and where the minutes will go to. ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For future polls... are abbreviations allowed or should every school be spelled out? Are UGA, VPI, ND, HPU, UT, etc ok? I don't want a vote for Toledo, North Dakota or University of Northern Colorado be assigned to another school.

Plebe

Reaction Score
For future polls... are abbreviations allowed or should every school be spelled out? Are UGA, VPI, ND, HPU, UT, etc ok? I don't want a vote for Toledo, North Dakota or University of Northern Colorado be assigned to another school.
Or for Howard Payne University.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Reminder to ALL please submit your votes!!!!

(and to get this thread put back on the top of the list!)

Spoiler alert, my poll had 5 ACC teams, the most of any conference and none of the 5 were Duke!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Voting is now closed.

Still waiting to hear back from a few people who submitted defective ballots (repeated teams, a common error), but I hope to have the results out within a couple hours.

Reaction Score
One of these days I will get up and get caffeinated in time to submit my poll. Mondays are hard...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom