Calipari | The Boneyard

Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We'll never know how accurate that is, but this:

After reaching the NCAA championship game in April, Kentucky will return as a clear-cut No. 1 in the preseason college polls. Once the Harrison twins – Andrew and Aaron – made decisions to return to Kentucky as sophomores in late April, it became a more difficult proposition to lure Calipari out of his job, sources said. With the Harrison twins staying, Kentucky will return nearly 60 percent of its scoring – despite losing two projected lottery picks to the NBA draft in Julius Randle and James Young.

Around Calipari, there is a strong belief that he would've landed in Cleveland had those key players decided to turn professional this year.

rings very true to me.

Reaction Score
Another interesting nugget is that Calipari's new contract has no buyout whatsoever.

Reaction Score
An nba franchise almost paid a failed nba coach 8.5 mill a year to not only coach, but be PRESIDENT?!?! smh.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much they were willing to pay KO...

Marc Stein
@ESPNSteinLine

But Calipari, like Kevin Ollie before him, resisted Cavs' overtures. Billy Donovan & Tom Izzo, as they did w/Wolves, have also resisted Cavs

Reaction Score
"I believe that I have the best job in the country. I'm not out there looking for another job. It's not what I want. Do I talk to NBA teams? I always do. I will talk to NBA teams based on the fact my players are trying to be drafted. But I'm not out looking for a job. I'm not encouraging anybody to call me. I don't need it to get a pay raise or any of that stuff. I'm good where I am."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...es-bill-self-john-calipari-contacted-nba-jobs

I would have felt bad for the Cavs had he signed with them, but i would have loved it for college basketball and enjoyed watching him fail in the NBA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder how much they were willing to pay KO...

Marc Stein
@ESPNSteinLine

But Calipari, like Kevin Ollie before him, resisted Cavs' overtures. Billy Donovan & Tom Izzo, as they did w/Wolves, have also resisted Cavs
Anyone else like that the Squid was the 'B' option to Ollie?

Reaction Score
Today's action stars, they're not a team. They're in it for themselves. They may be A-Listers but they are not "The A-Team". - MR. T

uconn-vs-ketucky-coaching-picture1.jpg

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
T
"I believe that I have the best job in the country. I'm not out there looking for another job. It's not what I want. Do I talk to NBA teams? I always do. I will talk to NBA teams based on the fact my players are trying to be drafted. But I'm not out looking for a job. I'm not encouraging anybody to call me. I don't need it to get a pay raise or any of that stuff. I'm good where I am."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...es-bill-self-john-calipari-contacted-nba-jobs

I would have felt bad for the Cavs had he signed with them, but i would have loved it for college basketball and enjoyed watching him fail in the NBA.
that is gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog