Calipari vs. Hurley | The Boneyard

Calipari vs. Hurley

Reaction Score
I see a strong similarity between Coach Cal and Hurley. Great recruiters but lack a lot in game management.

Both fan bases are up in arms right now.

The good news here is Kentucky finally broke through and beat Tennessee this weekend. Hopefully that is pretense for us turning the corner.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I see a strong similarity between Coach Cal and Hurley. Great recruiters but lack a lot in game management.

The good news here is Kentucky finally broke through and beat Tennessee this weekend. Hopefully that is pretense for us turning the corner.
Cannot compare the two, at all. There’s no comparison.

Reaction Score

Calipari has been to a bunch of final 4's, won a national championship, and taken three different schools to the final 4. Hurley has never been to the second weekend.

Reaction Score

I think you’re making a general observation off of a number of disgruntled fans whose emotions run high right after the game.

Calipari also brings in top 5 classes annually and doesn’t do anything with them, Hurleys best class comes in next year. St John’s was the first “bad loss” and even they are 13-6 (3 of their losses coming to teams UConn also lost to). The competitive non conference games they found a way to compete and win with ease, just need to find the formula to do it in conference too, but I’m not ready to say it’s all the coaches fault considering 6 games ago the same people were ready to build a statue.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cannot compare the two, at all. There’s no comparison.
Take your UConn/DH blinders off
No one said that DH is a scumbag like Cal
BUT both their players don't benefit from a lot of in game coaching skills
Cal's kids are ready made (for the most part) for the NBA and he is just a one season babysitter.
DH has what he thinks are elite players but in too many cases they don't turn out that way, DC, Hawkins and AK are all hopefully the exception and AS, Tyreese both have had some really fantastic moments but both are limited due to size and failure to work on skills needed to transition to the next level. I don't count Bouk because DH should never had brought him to UConn knowing what was involved.
Lets see what DH can do with Castle coming in next year and the others that have made up his best recruiting class.
DH and Cal are two different individuals but they do share one fault.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Take your UConn/DH blinders off
No one said that DH is a scumbag like Cal
BUT both their players don't benefit from a lot of in game coaching skills
Cal's kids are ready made (for the most part) for the NBA and he is just a one season babysitter.
DH has what he thinks are elite players but in too many cases they don't turn out that way, DC, Hawkins and AK are all hopefully the exception and AS, Tyreese both have had some really fantastic moments but both are limited due to size and failure to work on skills needed to transition to the next level. I don't count Bouk because DH should never had brought him to UConn knowing what was involved.
Lets see what DH can do with Castle coming in next year and the others that have made up his best recruiting class.
DH and Cal are two different individuals but they do share one fault.
W-T-S are you talking about?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If we hired Calipari would JC officially severe all ties with UConn. Didn’t he and Calipari get into it when Calipari was at UMASS. Probably related to how much they paid Camby to leave CT for MASS.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Neither the seasons or the careers are comparable. Calipari has had a hall of fame career and his team was preseason top 5 team that might not make the tournament if It started today. We have a horrible trajectory but have an overall resume that most would’ve felt pretty solid about before the run to start the season.

Reaction Score
Hurley hasn’t reached that next level yet. Sometimes it takes awhile. JC and Jay Wright both took some time to get there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Boneyardin'.

Reaction Score
Hurley hasn’t reached that next level yet. Sometimes it takes awhile. JC and Jay Wright both took some time to get there.
are You kidding? Calhoun won the NIT, made it to the elite 8 and was Coach of the Year within 4 seasons!! Wright made the E 8 and S16 within 5 years. Let’s see if DH can win at least one tournament game.

sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it never happens

Reaction Score
are You kidding? Calhoun won the NIT, made it to the elite 8 and was Coach of the Year within 4 seasons!! Wright made the E 8 and S16 within 5 years. Let’s see if DH can win at least one tournament game.

Calipari and KO rose quickly. JC & Jay Wright took many years to break into final four. Roy Williams was highly successful at KU but couldn’t get it done till UNC. Yes would like to see DH advance in the tourney and a BE championship. His team need to be tougher. Reminds me of UConn 93-96. Talented but not tough enough.

Reaction Score

Danny is so lost he couldn’t even win a game of pin the tail on the donkey without a blindfold. You may as well have a monkey throw darts at a line up sheet and let him hang from the rafters and throw crap at the refs below. It’s roughly equivalent.

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
Calipari has been to a bunch of final 4's, won a national championship, and taken three different schools to the final 4. Hurley has never been to the second weekend.
His secret: he cheats.

Reaction Score
Calipari and KO rose quickly. JC & Jay Wright took many years to break into final four. Roy Williams was highly successful at KU but couldn’t get it done till UNC. Yes would like to see DH advance in the tourney and a BE championship. His team need to be tougher. Reminds me of UConn 93-96. Talented but not tough enough.
I’m not talking about winning a NC. I’m talking about being a respectable March team. JC made it to E8 and won the BE tourney in year 4!!!

Reaction Score
You mean the period when they won 3 regular season titles, a tournament title, went to 2 Sweet 16s and an Elite 8? Yeah, that is pretty comparable to winning zero tournament games. Easy to get the two periods confused.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom