California @ Oregon (6) - 1/19/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

California @ Oregon (6) - 1/19/20

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Erin Boley has been a "Non Factor" all season for Oregon. I'd bet knowing what kind of season she is having and how she isn't being used that much, she wished she had stayed at Notre Dame (as does Muffet McGraw)

I disagree with that. She was hardly used as a Fr. at Notre Dame, started as a Soph at Oregon and averaged about 13 ppg. Has the green light to take a 3 any time she touches it. Her numbers are down this year but she's still a starter.

Had she stayed at ND, she would've been coming off the bench and probably not playing much for 3 years. She'd finally be playing extended minutes this year on the worst ND team for as long as anyone can remember.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh, and Boley has 19 today, 5-7 behind the arc.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sabally and Moore are back in w/ 3 subs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Minyon Moore is scoring a lot less this year than she did last season at USC. Does anyone in the world think she regrets transerring? Or is scoring more important than challenging for a conference title vs. trying to stay out of the cellar?

Reaction Score
Scrubs is what I use to describe the deep bench, which should be in when the game is this lopsided. It’s not meant to be personal, especially since I had no idea who they were.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Scrubs is what I use to describe the deep bench, which should be in when the game is this lopsided. It’s not meant to be personal, especially since I had no idea who they were.

Well, this basically is the bench for Oregon, three of whom get a fair number of minutes (Chavez, Shelly, and Giomi), with Chavez an important cog defensively (she's a good shooter as well) and Shelly, in Graves's words, a potential star. The fourth (Winterburn) is, like Shelly, a freshman (Chavez is a sophomore), and has a ways to go, but I believe there is quite a bit of potential there as well.

A couple of points about the game proper: 1) Boley's shot returned for today anyway, and it was one of her best games overall at Oregon (she is surprisingly good at anticipating passes when playing in the middle of a press); it would be a major plus if it's not a one game wonder: and 2) the vast majority of Sabally's 31 points came on drives to the basket (I think she took only one outside shot--a 3--and made it); this, too, will be a major plus if it continues.

10,500+ at the game.

Reaction Score
Well, this basically is the bench for Oregon, three of whom get a fair number of minutes (Chavez, Shelly, and Giomi), with Chavez an important cog defensively (she's a good shooter as well) and Shelly, in Graves's words, a potential star. The fourth (Winterburn) is, like Shelly, a freshman (Chavez is a sophomore), and has a ways to go, but I believe there is quite a bit of potential there as well.

A couple of points about the game proper: 1) Boley's shot returned for today anyway, and it was one of her best games overall at Oregon (she is surprisingly good at anticipating passes when playing in the middle of a press); it would be a major plus if it's not a one game wonder: and 2) the vast majority of Sabally's 31 points came on drives to the basket (I think she took only one outside shot--a 3--and made it); this, too, will be a major plus if it continues.

10,500+ at the game.
Boley scored 32 last year against USC when Ruthie was coming off her injury and Odi started in her place. She was 8-11 for 3's and had 3 steals and we needed a good game from her. I'd say that was her best game in college (ND or Oregon). Still it was nice to see her shot back today and her 22 points, 6-8 threes, and 4 steals in 24 minutes was a pretty good stat line. But with the way Sab was playing today it was not as necessary as last year as we were coming off that home loss to UCLA when Ruthie didn't play at all. Erin was the leading scorer for the UCLA loss with another good line: 20 pts, 8-11, 3-5 for threes, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, but Satou had a terrible game, 0-7 for threes, 3-14 overall, only 2 rebounds. and she fouled out.

Reaction Score
With Boley and Satou looking like they are back on their game I have erased my pencilled in upcoming “likely losses” @OSU, @Stanford, @Uconn and returned them to the tossup category. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Sabally the fourth different Duck this season to score 30+. How many teams can say that?

I assume it was rhetorical but none. Baylor is the only team that has 3 different players.

Although there are 3 teams that have had the same player who scored 30 or more 4 times.

Below is table showing all teams with 3 or more games where a player scored 30 or more.

1579546997997.png

Reaction Score
I assume it was rhetorical but none. Baylor is the only team that has 3 different players.

Although there are 3 teams that have had the same player who scored 30 or more 4 times.

Below is table showing all teams with 3 or more games where a player scored 30 or more.

View attachment 50091
When you add that last year Boley scored 32 and Minyon Moore scored 34 and 32 as a Trojam, It's clear the Ducks have lots of folks who can put up big numbers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom