California @ Arizona (13) - 3/01/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

California @ Arizona (13) - 3/01/20

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona is 2-16 from the floor. The kitties are gagging on a hairball.
Thanks for the image - not. Wilma would never gag on a hairball. When I shared my observation my wife knew it was a PAC fan, as only PAC fans are likely to use the Kitty term. Actually mostly associate with ASU's taunt "no pity for the kitty".

Reaction Score
Wow. Pretty shocking.

Arizona almost certainly would've been in the committee's top 10 after beating Stanford, as I believe they would devalue their loss to Utah due to McDonald's absence.

But there's no devaluing this. A bad loss to the last place team in the Pac-12, RPI #125.

I'm gonna have to take a closer look at the resumes after today to see where this leaves Arizona.
Might cost Barnes the conference COY award. She terms her team's performance as "atrocious."

Reaction Score
Might cost Barnes the conference COY award. She terms her team's performance as "atrocious."
I had to agree when listening to Jeff Munn announcer for ASU Sun Devil women's basketball. He cast his vote for Aria Barnes based on a number of reasons.

Most importantly was having a team that over performed. As you recall before the year started no one would have placed the Wildcats in the top four the conference. Acknowledging their non-conference schedule the in conference play of the Wildcats has exceeded expectations.

While Tara Vanderveer may well get conference coach of the year my vote would also go to Barnes.

Reaction Score
They didn’t bother editing this video. It starts with a lot of dead air. Scroll way ahead to 27:45 for the actual start of the press conference.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Really impressed with Barnes' press conference. She was level-headed, rationale, gracious to Cal, while recognizing how devastating the loss was. She also had incredible memory for so many of Arizona's errors and the play by play in the last seconds of the game. Still my vote for COY, even after this loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom