Calhoun transfer from Duke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Calhoun transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should the prospect rating services create a new category for potential Duke transfers?

(Or should that just be taken care of on the BY?)

Reaction Score
I wish her well and timing is never right to quit on your team, but she is the only person that knows why and her parents..Best wishes kid.

Reaction Score
I have this source in my head she's transferring to Uconn. Or somewhere closer to home.

Reaction Score
Should the prospect rating services create a new category for potential Duke transfers?

(Or should that just be taken care of on the BY?)

You know what they say about folks in glass houses...

UConn has had its share of transfers,

Reaction Score
There was talk that Sierra was a shooin at UCONN because her brother played on the men's team here, about a week or so later she signed a letter of intent with Duke! Being from Brooklyn maybe SJU would be a good fit!

Reaction Score
She played for team USA! That team must not be very good.

She is a freshmen. Remember some of Breanna's games the first half of her Freshman year? How did that work out for us?
Actually Breanna's early games with UConn went quite well and I think after 10 games, she was ahead of every freshman in UConn history in scoring average at that juncture but she had a big slump over the next two months before finally igniting in the postseason.

Reaction Score
I am sorry to hear that she is leaving Duke. Especially since she had an offer from the Huskies.....I don't think she will end up at UConn. It's going to be interesting to see where she lands though.

WHY she is leaving is the question. Sadie left UConn because of lack of PT. But that's not the case with Sierra. She was starting.
I'm inclined to think she'd get very little playing time here at all. I can't see any reason that Geno would be interested in her at this point. I wasn't impressed when I saw her play, at all. Her shooting percentage, in general, is poor and with the talent level we've got coming in she'd have little chance to play at all, IMHO.

Reaction Score
It's also an odd time to transfer as she'll have to sit out a whole year. Something must have happened in the past two weeks as it would have been much better for her if she had transferred a few weeks earlier or waited till the end of the season (now basically not play for a year and a half unless she gets some kind of special waiver).

Not so. As long as she enrolls somewhere for second semester, she will be eligible once exams finish next December.

Reaction Score
We wouldn't have room for her, anyway. She'd be as frustrated as Sadie with the lack of playing time.
She gets to sit a year and learn...it'd be like a redshirt to get her acclamated to the Geno way of doing things along with campus life at UCONN... she's probably a better talent than Sadie too (no disrespect to Sadie, but she probably is)...She'd be playing in 2016 for us... sign her up...

Reaction Score
I'm inclined to think she'd get very little playing time here at all. I can't see any reason that Geno would be interested in her at this point. I wasn't impressed when I saw her play, at all. Her shooting percentage, in general, is poor and with the talent level we've got coming in she'd have little chance to play at all, IMHO.

Well she had to be doing something right as a freshman giving the fact she was averaging 10 pts. a game. Who in world wouldn't take that from a freshman at that?

So certainly there is plenty of upside. Geno doesn't waste his time on you offering scholarships if your worth nothing unless he's doing favors.

Plus the fact that she is 6 foot 1 and a 5* caliber talent. I mean....Aintnit!

Reaction Score
  • Blue Devils entered the season thin at the guard position, and Calhoun's departure stretches the backcourt even more. Just three scholarship players—senior Ka'lia Johnson, redshirt freshman Rebecca Greenwell and junior Mercedes Riggs—remain, and will likely log heavy minutes for the rest of the season.
  • Calhoun is the third Blue Devil to transfer in the past three seasons. Sierra Moore left Durham for Penn State after her freshman season, and Alexis Jones transferred to Baylor after her sophomore campaign
  • "It's definitely tough losing a player," Williams said. "Sierra's great, we love her. I think it was just important for us, the seniors, to make sure that the team focuses on each other and what we have with us today."

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...erra-calhoun-leaves-program-expected-transfer

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If she finds a Juco, couldn't she play right away? If so, she could transfer up after May, and sit out only part of the season when she transfers.

She could play at the juco right away - but then she could not play at all next year for any D1 program. No need to do this. If she simply transfers and enrolls soon at a D1 program, then she will be eligible to play immediately after exams next December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom