Calhoun to Celtics? Geno to Philly? | The Boneyard

Calhoun to Celtics? Geno to Philly?

Reaction Score
Stevens is an awesome coach but can he win the big one we know Calhoun can. He would be just an hour down the road to Waltham where the Celts practice. He knows Kemba, he would drive deliver the clutch gene into Tatum by breaking him down calling him gentle Jay, and turn him into a super star. He would put Hayward in a good position and he would be a Marcus Smart kind of guy. Get him a big maybe he could hire Clyde Vaughn as his big man coach (having a hooker fetish is more acceptable as an NBA coach not a college coach). Get Drummond on the Celtics.For Uconn fans they wouldn't be mad, knowing hes not going from coaching Uconn into the NBA, St Joes is a semi retirement gig but prepares him for this.

I believe Calhoun did try out for the Celtics got cut and got into coaching. While were on this topic maybe Geno could coach the 76ers they are still looking for a coach hire the Italian Philly guy who has won championships. Geno and Jim dont like each other they can but heads and try to beat each other in conference. The tough Irish man from Boston vs the slick Italian guy from Philly.

Keep in mind this is one of Scoes crazy outside the box ideas so dont take it too seriously its 2020 after all have some fun.

Reaction Score
Could use Calhoun to yell at them not to settle for one pass contested 3s.

I watch almost every celtics game. Brad can be brilliant. But he was awful this series. Brinhing in Theis and having Bam destroy Theis 1-on-1 4 straight times is inexcusable.

Reaction Score
I like what the Celtics do defensively but they are not the most efficient team offensively. When Robinson and Dragic are so deadly to go along with their stars, it presents a problem for even a pretty good team like the Celtics. Tatum can get very hot but not with the consistency you see from the Heat.

Reaction Score
Im betting Calhoun got Kemba to the Celtics btw and hes has been around Ainge and the Celtics maybe theres something else coming?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stevens is a great coach. He simply played his hand poorly given the matchup problems that were in play.

Theis and Kantner can't handle Bam. Grant Williams at least slows him down, but gives you little else. Bob Williams impacts Bam even more and potentially alters the drives to the rim. He should have played more. If you don't trust him, then this team damned will needs somebody else who can defend an active player in the paint.

Herro was unstoppable. They played Smart way too many minutes in the hope that he could contain Herro and he didn't slow him down at all. For that you got Smart taking far too many shots on the other end of the court. Had Smart shut down Herro (as he usually does) you could overlook his offensive end negatives.

There were other problems. Kemba not shooting well. Tatum taking contested shots. But ultimately they had to play two guys who don't score reliably in an effort to defend, and it left the offense a mess (and the defense mostly failed anyway).

Reaction Score
Celtics will be even better next year.

Also, Kemba clearly wasn't 100%. Dragic, Herro, and even Crowder sometimes was able to stay in front of him which is never the case. He wasn't able to blow by guys and couldn't get the push off his step back move. His knee was a problem. Now he has time to get it worked on.

Reaction Score
Kemba is hurt and the Celtics need a big man.
JC is around the Celtics organization because he’s a Celtics fan and Kemba is there. He was just as visible when Ray was there.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The Celtics are not that far off. Perhaps one 6’10” veteran, hustle, roll player away.

Reaction Score
Brad Stevens.. please.. call me when his best achievement isn’t losing in conference finals

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Doc to the C’s as a senior consultant to Brad ;)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
My son and I have been saying that since game 2. Not sure why Stevens plays Theis so much.

Same. I see a friend of mine giving me decent D analytics for Theis, but as I told him, he’s easily one of the lesser 5s in the entire playoffs and what I watched, in playoff basketball, was he was an avg role player, not a starting 5 on a championship contender.

His rim protection, rebounding and finishing is well below avg. I guess he defends well on pick and roll and if they switch everything, but that didn’t make up for his warts, to me.

C

Chief00

Stevens is an awesome coach but can he win the big one we know Calhoun can. He would be just an hour down the road to Waltham where the Celts practice. He knows Kemba, he would drive deliver the clutch gene into Tatum by breaking him down calling him gentle Jay, and turn him into a super star. He would put Hayward in a good position and he would be a Marcus Smart kind of guy. Get him a big maybe he could hire Clyde Vaughn as his big man coach (having a hooker fetish is more acceptable as an NBA coach not a college coach). Get Drummond on the Celtics.For Uconn fans they wouldn't be mad, knowing hes not going from coaching Uconn into the NBA, St Joes is a semi retirement gig but prepares him for this.

I believe Calhoun did try out for the Celtics got cut and got into coaching. While were on this topic maybe Geno could coach the 76ers they are still looking for a coach hire the Italian Philly guy who has won championships. Geno and Jim dont like each other they can but heads and try to beat each other in conference. The tough Irish man from Boston vs the slick Italian guy from Philly.

Keep in mind this is one of Scoes crazy outside the box ideas so dont take it too seriously its 2020 after all have some fun.
True, Jim did tryout. That was when they had All Stars coming off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom