Calhoun Talks Big East, Harvard | The Boneyard

Calhoun Talks Big East, Harvard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Back to Harvard. This is hardly one of those December non-conference pushover teams -- the kind the Huskies have defeated 101 straight times, dating back to 1973.

Not sure what that means. First off, UConn probably plays about 8 of these games a year. So you wouldn't have to go all the way back to 1973 to get to 101 games. Also, UConn has lost games like these. St. Bonaventure in 2001, anyone? Unless they don't consider that a "December non-conference pushover". They lost to Hartford in 1986.

Reaction Score
The article mentions the game 'tonite'. However, the schedule syas Thur. Which is it????

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Back to Harvard. This is hardly one of those December non-conference pushover teams -- the kind the Huskies have defeated 101 straight times, dating back to 1973.

Not sure what that means. First off, UConn probably plays about 8 of these games a year. So you wouldn't have to go all the way back to 1973 to get to 101 games. Also, UConn has lost games like these. St. Bonaventure in 2001, anyone? Unless they don't consider that a "December non-conference pushover". They lost to Hartford in 1986.
Well, technically if you lose the other team can't be considered a pushover. So technically UConn is undefeated against pushovers. Except Providence.

Reaction Score
The article mentions the game 'tonite'. However, the schedule syas Thur. Which is it????
game is thursday. i think he posted this for tomorrow

C

Chief00

Calhoun must be biting his tongue to not take a shot at BC. To say something like "Harvard is the best college basketball program in Metro Boston". But, we have to be nice to the ACC teams some say. I say screw them and work to go to the SEC or to make the Big East better.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I say screw them and work to go to the SEC

What part of "never, in a million, billion years" don't you get? Why are simple, logical arguments so impossible for you to unDYSONerstand?

C

Chief00

What part of "never, in a million, billion years" don't you get? Why are simple, logical arguments so impossible for you to unDYSONerstand?

Stayed tuned. And thanks yes I was proven right about Dyson. Part of last year's Championship was addition by subtraction. Coach said he was changing the culture on the team and he did just that. The best player (Kemba) was the man and all his teammates recognized that fact and deferred to him.

Reaction Score
Nice to hear about Bradley if ever a kid deserves a break it's Michael. He'll be playing catch up all year which should slow his development. Would have loved to see him and his progress from the get go but it is what it is and he'll have to make the best of it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice to hear about Bradley if ever a kid deserves a break it's Michael. He'll be playing catch up all year which should slow his development. Would have loved to see him and his progress from the get go but it is what it is and he'll have to make the best of it.
I think he's had enough breaks this season. Like you I'm rooting for this kid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Calhoun must be biting his tongue to not take a shot at BC. To say something like "Harvard is the best college basketball program in Metro Boston". But, we have to be nice to the ACC teams some say. I say screw them and work to go to the SEC or to make the Big East better.

what is you plan for getting uconn to the sec? im interested. the boneyard has had other plans like begharder that have yet to come thru. maybe call yours bbqharder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom