Calhoun taking indefinite leave | The Boneyard

Calhoun taking indefinite leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I guess that may explain why the team has not been performing recently. Hope he gets better soon.

Reaction Score
It would seem to be judicious these days for recruits to look at their prospective head coach's health, not just the campus and practice facilities. For all teams, all sports.

It must really be a bummer for Boatright after all he's been through - now this.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Damn- hits just keep on coming for the men's team this year, a season that began with a ton of promise.

Best wishes to Jim. Hope that tough Irish son of a gun is able to recover sufficiently to a) live a comfortable life and b) make one final run at a fourth championship.

Reaction Score
It's too bad. He didn't look up to par the last couple of games(too mild). That team has a lot of talent. I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
It would seem to be judicious these days for recruits to look at their prospective head coach's health, not just the campus and practice facilities. For all teams, all sports.

It must really be a bummer for Boatright after all he's been through - now this.
The Davis decision to open up her recruitment has finally let the elephant be acknowledged for being in the room:rolleyes: We have gone through this extended period of time where bringing up Pat's health and the impact on recruits is finally going to be brought out of the darkness and into th light! From the beginning it has been considered negative recruiting to bring up one of the big factors for ANY recruit to consider when looking at programs. This inspite of numerous articles<written before Pat> discussing and enumerating factors in choosing a program. HG has had one available for some time. Many others have talked about,written,the numerous factors a recruit needs to take into consideration when evaluating programs the same way that every program does the same thing for every recruit.
It may be the status of the coach looking elsewhere,being a candidate for other programs,the stability/success of the program and the coach,who is being recruiting,who has been recruited, who are the
student athletes from FR to SR,the status of facilities,support of the program by the fans,etal
The right of any recruit,any sports fans,anyone to bring the health of the coach up is legitimate. This is a very
sad situation! Though I am not a TN fan,I do feel terrible for everyone concerned. I feel terrible for Pat,her family,the TN family,the team,players,everyone connected with the program,the fan,the players and recruits!
The Davis family made a decision a long time ago from successful NBA player and father,sucessful businesswoman and mother,to super elite player Kaela to commit to TN. The decision to reach this point,and to have gone public must have been tortuous for all concerned.Every aspect of this situation is tragic. What has been clear to me from the beginning was we were going to have to face all of th aspects of Pat's illness and the impact on the program. We have been seeing aspects of this playing out from no recruits committing since the announcement,this despite they have 5 players graduating,the questions re the coaching,Pat increasingly being under a magnifying glass.the Elizabeth Kubler Ross stages going on within every aspect of the program.
It is not coaches "bad mouthing Tenn" it is a sad situation,that is impacting many people and has finally gone public in the area that a very bright astute family ,committed to Tenn for years has gone public with uncertainty where there daughter is going to play given the situation that a # of players and families have been dealing with behind closed doors. It is a further indication that the time frame for some definitive decisions are approaching. Sad unfinished story!
I am very connected to this story as my partner,lover,best friend,and I go through "our" having ALS.Lou Gehrigs Disease. I say our/we because it is a disease that impacts every aspect of our life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom