Calhoun returning | The Boneyard

Calhoun returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks but when will he say it? Not that i think he's not, but WTF Jim???

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i find the whole thing odd. is there any other coach out there who needs to announce that they are coming back so everyone finally knows it? does Williams, or Calimari, or K or any other coach need to announce that they are returning, or does everyone just assume?

i get that there were more questions surrounding JC, but why does he have to make a formal announcement? i'd expect we'd hear something formal if he, or any other coach, were leaving, not a formal announcement that they are returning.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He's not going to say it. He's just going to do it. Nike style.

Reaction Score
I agree that Calhoun shouldn't have to announce anything since he's under contract. But taking it a step further, I'm guessing that Calhoun is avoiding the media at all costs right now until they have this scholarship situation sorted out.

Reaction Score
He said it, I don't have a link only a tweet. It's in the Courant I'm sure. Did folks seriously believe there was a chance he wasn't coming back?

Reaction Score
He said it some time back- I think it was something like "I have three years left on my contract don't I"?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good to have you back JC. Even if we all knew it!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
looks like Sue threw JJ a sympathy bone

Reaction Score
Wasn't there somebody constantly posting and harping on the point that Calhoun's alleged uncertainty was having a detrimental effect on recruiting. Given recent events maybe not so much, eh?!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wasn't there somebody constantly posting and harping on the point that Calhoun's alleged uncertainty was having a detrimental effect on recruiting. Given recent events maybe not so much, eh?!
Lol. Maybe he should do the same thing next season. Let the recruits believe they are keeping a HOF coach around.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i think there were a couple people who were saying that but they piped down pretty quick after Omar verbaled and disappeared after Daniels verbaled...

Reaction Score
Yep, our recruiting is way, way down....;)

Anyway, glad to hear JC confirming his return!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom