Calhoun Recruit? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun Recruit?

Reaction Score
It's a Division 3 school chief. They literally have no fans because the team doesn't exist yet.

Reaction Score
Am I alone in not giving two craps about St. Joe’s?
You are not alone.

Who do you think one of the rats that KO was referring to? There are many types of rats. Ladies and gentlemen our problems are no different than trying to solve the unsolvable Grothendieck-Katz p curvature conjecture case.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are missing a fascinating story. Calhoun is literally a gifted artist starting with a blank canvass - how he paints the picture will be totally fascinating.
When I think about Calhoun these days what comes to mind is that Cosby line to Theo: “I brought you into this world and I can take you out.”

Reaction Score
You are not alone.

Who do you think one of the rats that KO was referring to? There are many types of rats. Ladies and gentlemen our problems are no different than trying to solve the unsolvable Grothendieck-Katz p curvature conjecture case.

For the rest of us to help clarify the obscure reference:

Coourtesy of Wiki:
Nicholas Katz has applied Tannakian categorytechniques to show that this conjecture is essentially the same as saying that the differential Galois group G (or strictly speaking the Lie algebra g of the algebraic group G, which in this case is the Zariski closure of the monodromy group) can be determined by mod p information, for a certain wide class of differential equations.[2]

Now, doesnt that make things Much clearer.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
How many pages will we go talking about St. Joes basketball?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
You are missing a fascinating story. Calhoun is literally a gifted artist starting with a blank canvass - how he paints the picture will be totally fascinating.
He's a consultant, settle down.

C

Chief00

It's a Division 3 school chief. They literally have no fans because the team doesn't exist yet.

Chief always attempts to be forward looking. This will be a fascinating story for someone who loves the game of basketball. Now granted, for the Casual Fans, who get caught up in all this Division minutiae, it may be “beneath them”. For a coach who would prefer to be at a five star restaurant than a High School gym watching a recruit on a Friday Night, it’s not a story. But, for basketball purist, this will be a great ride. How do you put together a team, with talent, that plays together, without scholarships? An old coach dusting off the formula of success - getting a PG, a shooter, a scoring wing and a couple of power guys who rebound and set screens. Etc

Reaction Score
If I was a basketball player that was looking to play for a program that wasn’t d1 then I would immediately go to USJ.

Good coach? Check
PT? Check
Good school? Check
Most importantly... it was an all girls school. The male-female ratio is guy heaven. CHECK.

Reaction Score
Chief always attempts to be forward looking. This will be a fascinating story for someone who loves the game of basketball. Now granted, for the Casual Fans, who get caught up in all this Division minutiae, it may be “beneath them”. For a coach who would prefer to be at a five star restaurant than a High School gym watching a recruit on a Friday Night, it’s not a story. But, for basketball purist, this will be a great ride. How do you put together a team, with talent, that plays together, without scholarships? An old coach dusting off the formula of success - getting a PG, a shooter, a scoring wing and a couple of power guys who rebound and set screens. Etc
Reminds me of the Godfather where Michael tells Santino that bumping off the rotten corrupt crooked cop makes a nice story in the newspapers. Does KO have a horse?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom