Calhoun quote on hurley from today | The Boneyard

Calhoun quote on hurley from today

Reaction Score
““One thing about Danny he’s a driven guy. He’s made some adjustments. Especially over past two years. That’s the thing with stubborn guys like him and me. It’s really important that you make the adjustments. you’re not conceding anything you’re growing”

From espn2 JWill show

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Danny's got a chip on his shoulder. The good kind. He's proving he belongs to that family and this program. That drive, it's in the DNA. Enjoy the next decade. Be grateful. It's gonna be fun. UConn is THE premier program now. Prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
adjustments coming out of swoon

1)AJ becomes athletic Draymond, so cant sag off him

2)adding one of most nba-like stagger screen motion offensive sets to our arsenal

3)stopping the negative vibes fighting with officials

4)most of all switching up defensive mentality, so that our man defense in tourney was izzo-like with no penetration at all. Sanogo can come off his man to block shots. Contrast that with st johns layup line D.

These adjustments won the championship. Soo impressed with Danny. Lucky to have him.

Reaction Score
My goodness could we have found anyone more Calhoun than this guy in 2023?? Just amazing. The adjustments have been everything, esp offensively and personnel-wise fitting the pieces better after some offensively challenged groups. Like many, i was def in love with thr culture & recruiting but frustrated at the inconsistent offense and bad fits lineup wise at times.

I’m so excited to see What the future holds. He’s such a great dude that’s genuine and loves the grind and loves his dudes.

Reaction Score
My goodness could we have found anyone more Calhoun than this guy in 2023?? Just amazing. The adjustments have been everything, esp offensively and personnel-wise fitting the pieces better after some offensively challenged groups. Like many, i was def in love with thr culture & recruiting but frustrated at the inconsistent offense and bad fits lineup wise at times.

I’m so excited to see What the future holds. He’s such a great dude that’s genuine and loves the grind and loves his dudes.
I think he’s more geno myself. Odd how we played like a classic UConn women’s team.

Reaction Score
Danny's got a chip on his shoulder. The good kind. He's proving he belongs to that family and this program. That drive, it's in the DNA. Enjoy the next decade. Be grateful. It's gonna be fun. UConn is THE premier program now. Prove me wrong.
Don’t want to prove you wrong because that is proving myself wrong also.

Reaction Score
That motion offense is a variant on the old 5 man out pete carilll princeton set, that geno has utilized at times over the years. I almost wonder if it wasn’t through geno that he adapted it.

But I definitely think hes more Calhoun overall with that defensive tenacity first & foremost.

That motion set is Gonna be DEADLY with clingan as his ability to see passing lanes, will allow us to backdoor cut during big east conference overplays. Gonna be fun

Reaction Score
That motion offense is a variant on the old 5 man out pete carilll princeton set, that geno has utilized at times over the years. I almost wonder if it wasn’t through geno that he adapted it.

But I definitely think hes more Calhoun overall with that defensive tenacity first & foremost. That set is Gonna be DEADLY with clingan as his ability to see passing lanes
Agreed- much more like Calhoun than Geno- even in the pressers- Danny is nothing like Geno.

Reaction Score

2)adding one of most nba-like stagger screen motion offensive sets to our arsenal

4)most of all switching up defensive mentality, so that our man defense in tourney was izzo-like with no penetration at all. Sanogo can come off his man to block shots. Contrast that with st johns layup line D.

These adjustments won the championship. Soo impressed with Danny. Lucky to have him.
Agree. Definitely with #4 - I'd love to see our defensive/rebounding/FGA% metrics before and after the "slump".

I would also say that DH had more balance in his offensive sets. Running many plays through the Paint than from the Perimeter. This Inside-Outside game is very Calhoun-like. Calhoun always had great guard/wing play, but he balanced it with his Centers. Teams couldn't cheat by pressuring the perimeter, which they were doing to Hurley during the slump.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dan is his own man as a coach. He's been mentored by a ton of good, great, and legendary coaches. To say he takes after any one is to ignore the parts taken from all the others. Starting with his father.

He has reached the top. The challenge now is to stay there. We know plenty of coaches who won 1 and that was the last you heard from them.

Reaction Score
In my opinion…there isn’t a coach past or present better then Hurley..and to think some posters we’re looking for him to loss his job

Past or present in relation to whom?

I mean… I hope you’re not trying to say what I think you’re saying.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Im happy we can consider comparing him to either HOF coach

Reaction Score
As the business of college basketball evolves, I feel like a lot of these great retired coaches are going to be very glad they coached when they did. Calhoun has even said that his stuff wouldn’t exactly work today, and he would have to go about things differently.

Reaction Score

Great post. Those were all the things he needed to do and he did them all.

Reaction Score
As the business of college basketball evolves, I feel like a lot of these great retired coaches are going to be very glad they coached when they did. Calhoun has even said that his stuff wouldn’t exactly work today, and he would have to go about things differently.
Have a hunch JC would not be a big fan of social media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom